• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

sun already hardned peppers started drooping alot when they are out in the sunlight

solid7 said:

25% perlite (NOT vermiculite)

Why not, if you don't mind me asking?

I ordered a large bag of vermiculite, due to arrive this week. Previously had perlite and decided to change.

I'm a novice grower, as you can probaly tell.

Thanks. 

ShowMeDaSauce said:
Looks like the are using plastic laundry baskets as pots.

Yeah it´s seems to be common to use those with a plastic bag in them holding the soil, someone in the neighbourhood also has their veggies planted in laundrybaskets

I guess it´s cheaper than buying a larger sized pot/bucket, or maybe there is some other reason. If it wasnt for the plastic bags inside i would have guessed they used them as some kind of airpots :think:

Honey Badger said:

Why not, if you don't mind me asking?

I ordered a large bag of vermiculite, due to arrive this week. Previously had perlite and decided to change.

I'm a novice grower, as you can probaly tell.

Thanks. 

Vermiculite is better for moisture retention, and we're really after drainage.  It has the added benefit of helping hold nutrients.  But that isn't very helpful, if the drainage isn't correct.
I'm not a fan of vermiculite, in general. I've used it, but I generally use it in small amounts, and up the perlite to offset the drainage penalty.

solid7 said:

Vermiculite is better for moisture retention, and we're really after drainage.  It has the added benefit of helping hold nutrients.  But that isn't very helpful, if the drainage isn't correct.
I'm not a fan of vermiculite, in general. I've used it, but I generally use it in small amounts, and up the perlite to offset the drainage penalty.

Thank you.

I've found an interesting thread on the subject: http://thehotpepper.com/topic/36476-vermiculite-vs-perlite/?hl=%2Bperlite+%2Bor+%2Bvermiculite#entry1390765

Was able to do the mix today and they have been repotted. Will update in a week or so, hopefully there wont be too much of a transplant shock!

tmp_16071-20180530_104519390355349.jpg

Back