• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Amazon.com vendors legit?? any other good places?? and what should I grow this year?

Let me first start off by saying, I'm fairly new at growing so go easy on me. My first time growing was last year where I had two bushes of Caribbean Reds which were extremely profitable. Funny thing is, I bought those young plants at a local reputable nursery where they were labeled Trinidad Scorpions, turned out they weren't. >:-(

So this year I want to grow some super hots. I'm thinking Bhuts, Scorpions, Butch T Scorps, and maybe something else (any suggestions? any hot white varieties?) But NO WHERE around here has either seeds or plants for sale, so it'll have to be online. But where? Are the vendors on Amazon.com legit because I'd hate to get burned again!!

Any help is greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance!

ok, I was just curious because some of them have good reviews but I'm still skeptical. Thanks for the links!

Do you have any other suggestions as for what I should grow??

yo, sorry I missed ya in chat. No reason to get your seeds off of amazon. THP (this site) is a one stop shop for anything you need. (well if you don't find it for sale/trade/SASBE (self addressed stamped bubble envelope) then there will at least be a link to a website. I agree, look at the bottom of the forums page and go into the pepper/seeds section of the market place. You can get almost anything you need in there. There are White Bhut Jolokia, Purple Bhut Jolokia for sale in there I know. (with a special discount for THP members) you can just chat it up and people will give you seeds for free. If you want pure strain (which some people on here give for free) go to any of the sites listed above by TheFanMan. There is even a section in the forums that gives reviews for these vendors. Don't waste your time on Amazon/Ebay. The people that cultivate and refine pepper strains are right here on this site. A bunch of awesome people here. Welcome. (I have a great majority of seeds I can send you covering all ranges of heat levels. If you need any, send me a Private Message and I'll give you a list, you tell me what you would like and send me a SASBE and I'll send you back seeds) GoodLuck

Welcome aboard ! Take from another newbie great place good folk! I am putting down 288 starts tomorrow and will have left over seeds most of which are super hots. PM me for any that you ate looking for if I have you have.

Good Luck

I purchased much of my seeds this year off amazon (Hinterlands). I've had good to fair germination rates from all of them so far, but it remains to be seen if they grow true to their label. Having spoken to the owner of Hinterlands regarding some failed chocolate hab seeds, they were very accomodating, and seemed to take any problem I might have VERY serious. All in all I'd probably buy from her again. But hopefully I will be able to keep these alive for a while and won't need to haha!

I've found people on the forums here to be very generous as well, someone is sending me some whippets tail so that I can enter the longest chili competition. Even though it means I'll be competing against them with their own seed. Hard to beat generosity like that :). I may be nearly as new as you are, but what I've seen makes me want to stay a part of this community, and help others down the line.

I bought asian pepper seeds from an online company called Evergreen Seeds for the last three years. Their prices are affordable, I got good germination rates (almost 100 percent) and they grew true to the label. Not superhots though.

if you want to order plants, this place is supposed to be great...

http://www.chileplants.com/

and they ship live plants too...
My Mom has ordered plants from them in the past and done OK, but she says they have a minimum order of 12 plants and only sell additonal plants in groups of six. You don't have to get six of each type, but you have to order in multiples of six. The shipping is pretty steep if you're going to buy in any quantity. They're based in New Jersey and to avoid shocking the transplants, I don't think I'd want to order from them if I lived any distance from there. On the plus side, they offer about 450 different varieties of peppers, most of which have at least some heat. And, if you want to try to grow a few peppers without spending money on the equipment to start the seeds it's the cheaper alternative.

the reason I posted that was the person that asked the question is from Maryland and if I remember my geography correctly...not too far from Jersey.... :rofl:

Back