And for my next review....

Nigel said:
If that`s what I think it is, I have one to review as well. Kinda nervous about it, honestly.

Good luck with the review, I`ll be in the front row with the popcorn.
Yes it is! The infamous Carolina Reaper!!! :hot: :hell:  Dot blame ya a bit for being nervous!

PepperWhisperer said:
That thing should be wrapped in caution tape. Looks nasty!
Totally agree! It has HURT and PAIN written all over it!

If it isn't too much trouble, you should take another picture with a quarter next to it.  I am curious on the size of that evil thing.  :)

Here ya go westin
20130629_163838.jpg

Are your insurance policies paid up???

In all seriousness, I'm very curious to see you review this. Many have said that the Reaper is not as hot as the Moruga or the Brain Strain.

I do not do reviews but I can say the piece I tried was not as hot as some things I grew in 2012. I am hoping pods later in the season bring the heat!!!

JoynersHotPeppers said:
I do not do reviews but I can say the piece I tried was not as hot as some things I grew in 2012. I am hoping pods later in the season bring the heat!!!
Are your pods growing true? Next yr I will have my plants producing during the hottest part of summer for maximum heat!
meinchoh said:
Are your insurance policies paid up???
In all seriousness, I'm very curious to see you review this. Many have said that the Reaper is not as hot as the Moruga or the Brain Strain.
Im very curious too! The best thing to do is to get one from the source! Alll the ButchT peppers Ive tried werent all that hot, until I tried one from Butch Taylor and it was a scorcher!

That is massive.  Even if it isn't as hot as the brainstrain or moruga, it is still going to light you up!  :)  Can't wait for the review.

I'm sure it will be hotter then a brainstrain! I've tried 3 of them and only 1 out of the 3 was extremely hot and evil looking!!!

I think we are all going to find out that some plants are going to produce reapers that are hotter than Morugas and Brains and some may not be. All my plants are producing different looking pods,even though all came from the direct source, and they also have different thicknesses to the flesh. I have now had reapers from 6 different plants now and some heat you with heat right away and some have the creeping up kind of heat. Even though the ones with nasty tails and everything make a good show, but the hottest reaper I have tried so far looked like a fat bhut and the one that looked like what we were supposed to get on our plants wasn't near as hot and didn't have a really great taste. As someone else already mentioned, until we start trying some August peppers, we don't know how high the heat levels are going to go. Good luck with eating that thing whole. One thing that I CAN warn you about, these and the primos have a burn that churns up your guts for a while and can also make things rather unpleasant the next morning. Drink a banana milkshake before you eat that thing and maybe afterwards as well.
If there are any more super hots you haven't reviewed yet, let me know. I haven't passed out any free fresh peppers yet for people to review mainly because the peppers aren't worthy of a true test until they do get a bit hotter, later in the season,but that doesn't mean I won't make some available. I guess the flowers I am getting now will be the ones that will end up being the hottest.
Tom

Heya Tom, What you said sounds interesting about your Reaper looking pods not being so hot, but the temps at which the pods were produced has a lot of play in that, as you had pretty much mentioned. Question... Are you a business owner? Reason I ask, is because I've never personally reviewed any chilies from a business owner.
I'd be delighted to review any of your pods you may have in mind for me to review. To give you a hint, I have yet to review the following : Chocolate Bhut, Purple Bhut, Dorset Naga, Yellow Brainstrain, Yellow Primo, Jays Ghost Scorpion, and havent reviewed very many crosses.
Thank you for the possibility to review your pods hopefully in the near future! :P :dance: :party:
Jon

Back