• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

And I thought peppers were easy to clone

We may as well make this thread a bit more interesting. I just now planted the Yellow Scorpion and A Grappoli D'Inverno water babies. We'll see how they do with a crude and rude planting job. Due to their length I stuck an 18" sharpshooter into the bales and simply dropped them in. I'll update after they thrive or dive.

StRQo2D.jpg

9qXBM3w.jpg

DWB said:
Funny thing is, the brand new water baby clones always set pods a lot sooner than seed babies. Go figure.
I'n not saying it applies to pepper plants and, as usual, I can't locate where I learned it, but the theory is this:

When a tomato plant is mature enough to produce suckers, it also possesses the growth hormones required to produce fruit.
A plant grown from seed has to develop this over time as it matures. The plant grown from a sucker already has it and will always set fruit
sooner than a plant grown from seed. Since they are from the same horticultural family, Solanaceae, could this be true for pepper plants
grown from cuttings, too?

My cloning efforts failed.  As weather and humidity heats up here, maybe better conditions.  When I used to do this with landscape plants, I had a mist setup on a timer, and used sterile media in a shaded greenhouse setup.  Worked great. Seeds take a long time, but eventually they have been productive. 

skullbiker said:
Im betting they thrive.

They didn't make it. The same crud that took out quite a few of my bale plants got these. Good news is one of them that got hit may live.

Back