• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

And Now...Something's Eating Holes In My Pods...WTF (again)

Seriously? My leaves weren't good enough...I caught you little armyworm and hornworm bastards, and spilled your guts.

Now THIS?

560942_3297977582102_68686781_n.jpg

Looking at the damage...something is making me think it' not something eating holes...but a lot of my pods are getting single holes that look just like this. That area of dead and dry tissue on the right of the hole makes me think this hole was not made by chewing.

It's no sun-scald either...I have that problem on some pods too...and this one was well under the canopy, and tha side of the pepper was facing down.

Your thoughts?

If it helps...I am battling aphids right now. I also have grasshoppers...but I haven't read anything that tells me they would target the pods...and have found numerous organic DIY spray recipes that contain, as the major repellent...peppers.

Pods grown in north central Texas, full sun til 4pm, watered 2x a week.

Check this out LB: http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/problems/worms-on-peppers.htm

Slugs? Try setting out a beer trap. (If you haven't already!)

i just found slugs on mine. didn't think much of them on the older, maturer larger plants but on the yearlings, i am now concerned as they have munched holes through the leaves.

If it is slugs, you can lay a ring of death on the ground around the stem. DE or Borax (careful not to overdose, too much boron is bad for the plants).

2x a week? how on gods green earth are you getting away with only 2 times a week?!?!?!

I actually "droughted" them 2 weeks ago when it was 105-6-7 degrees. Didn't water them for a week. The soil reatains a bit of moisture about a foot below. I have some bare spots n the garden that I can run a sharpshooter in, and see if there's any dampness down to about a foot. As long as the soil is noticeably darker below 10", and if I have rebound from wilting...I don't generally water.

Check this out LB: http://www.gardening...-on-peppers.htm

Slugs? Try setting out a beer trap. (If you haven't already!)

Good info...

Looks like slugs to me. I get many per year looking like that and do catch slugs actually doing the damage.

I set beer traps back in April, and didn't catch a thing. I've never seen a slug...might need to do a late night check.

Back