And so it begins.......

Aw come on just cuz you can't reach the grill level don't mean it won't burn.

thehotpepper.com said:
Aw come on just cuz you can't reach the grill level don't mean it won't burn.

Go and eat your meat pretzel thing and leave the funny stuff to me thanks........:rofl:

You couldn't spot weld a nipple on Nova.

well that's very true.....his new girly bite his off the other night so we might have to find someone that can....:rofl:

Hey she isn't my "new girlie". We are just good friends that enjoy each others company. If you saw her you would probably beat the crap outta me muttering something like "jezuz christ wherdya find THAT!"

I will now refer to my "skills" in "that" department as "Nova Magic". Wait there it should be "pure magic" or "Mr Fantastico"... nahh im stickin with "nova magic".. :rofl:

Check it out and all hail the "Fire Spirit", this image appeared as i was burning out the UDS.

fire013.jpg

Novacastrian said:
@ Silver Surfer i used a flux core mig setup to weld those flaps on, even on the low setting it was at risk of burning holes through the metal/drum so i was forced to kinda spotweld it :lol:

Use a MIG with argon, turn it down and ditch the flux core for the thin stuff. ;)

moyboy said:
Well he was sure to win when he has almost unlimited and free resourses at his finger tips......and he can weld.....I can't. :lol:

From what I've seen you don't need a welder to construct a UDS, but it does require a little more than moving the drum. :P

Novacastrian said:
Hey whaty happened to chllimans post, first it said peerrtty then it changed to "tidier than mine". ??

Anywayz Boutros, i give to you. THE DOOR. Btw screw buying a webber lid that would cost me money, arggghhhhhh!!!

Hole for door.
Photo057.jpg

Hole for door with flaps welded around perimeter.
Photo058.jpg

Door fitted. (there will be some minor smoke leakage but i can live with that)
Photo059.jpg

I give Nova, why the door? You'll never need to add charcoal or wood to it. Most will burn 12 - 16 hours with just a little playing with the air valve. And it's not smoke leaking out that will be a problem, it's air leaking in. It makes it hard to regulate the temps.

He did it just to be different because everyone said it wasn't needed......He has since found that he is struggling to regulate a good temp in the UDS.......He made a very small basket for the coals and thought a door would be good so he could fill it up all the time!!!! :lol:

moyboy said:
He did it just to be different because everyone said it wasn't needed......He has since found that he is struggling to regulate a good temp in the UDS.......He made a very small basket for the coals and thought a door would be good so he could fill it up all the time!!!! :lol:

Yeah! And Nova also brews his coffee in the bathroom because he likes it..... by the pot!

MichChef said:
I give Nova, why the door? You'll never need to add charcoal or wood to it. Most will burn 12 - 16 hours with just a little playing with the air valve. And it's not smoke leaking out that will be a problem, it's air leaking in. It makes it hard to regulate the temps.

He is special ! :shh:

It's true though you can go 16 hours. Weld that puppy back on lol.

Yeah....At least my drum worked the first time!!!!!!!and the food was eatable after a few hours........So don't try and deflect the fact that you have FAILED!!!!!!!!!!!

Back