• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Andre's 2010 season!

Hello everyone to this thread!
I will give you some information about my plants here. I will post some pix and will give always updates. Unfortunately i live in northern germany, so the weather is not really good for growing peppers. This year is really bad, we had only one warm and sunny day until now. I have bought a greenhouse, because i have not enough space in my house for all the plants. The temperature is ok in that greenhouse, but all my plants have a growstop at the moment. I hope the weather will change quickly, last year was a lot better.

How ever.. This is my list this year (pots):
1x Rocoto
2x Rocoto
2x Cayenne Golden
1x Jalapeno
1x Fish Peppers
2x Tabasco
2x Sebes
1x Scotch Bonnet Red
2x Peter Pepper
1x Bhut Jolokia
2x Tomate
1x Jalapeno
3x unknown seeds (seeds picked out of a french spice)
1x Jalapeno
2x Bhut Jolokia
2x Goronong
2x Ancho
1x Cayenne Golden
2x 7pot
1x unknown Habanero (must be Red Savina or Orange from last year)
4x different unknown
1x Ancho
1x Chil Tepin
1x Pimento de Neyde
2x Lantern
2x Chil Tepin
2x Guajillo
1x Rocoto de Seda
2x De Arbol
2x Pimento de Neyde
2x Serrano
2x Czech Black
1x Fatalii

+13x Apache and a Naga Morich scion. I think the naga scion will die because it didnt developed new roots in about 3 months.

Last year i had the "as-hot-as-possible-season", this time i tried to have a good mix of the most used sorts, that are used in the kitchens all around the world. I found a list about that and was curious on that. I couldnt seed all of them this year. I will try the others next season because i wanted to grow some other peppers that are visually interesting like pimenta, peter pepper, fish peppers and cz black. Also i seeded others like apache, jalapeno, bhut (last year morich, next year dorset and so on) and cayenne because i seed them every year.

I start always in December/January with a fluorescent tube on a heating pad(?). This year i couldnt care so much about my plant because i started my study. I am half of the week in Braunschweig (tuesday to thursday/to study) and the other half in Bremen. So i had always to leave my plants alone for about a half week. I think this is another reason why my plants aren't really fast and strong this year. Im glad when that time is over and i can care all the time for my plants. But as long as this continues, i have to accept these circumstances. Hope for better results during the next years.

Some pix:
Some on the left
fotoxmuv.jpg

Some on the right
foto56m0v.jpg

First blooms on guajillo this year
foto34kni.jpg

Pimenta de neyde
foto40v4z.jpg

I will post some new pix at the weekend! Meanwhile i have some more blooms and a first fruit.

Greets Andre

millworkman said:
Good looking plants Andre. Are you growing in a greenhouse?

Yes, of course! Theres no other way in northern germany to get good plants, instead you have enough space indoor.

Thank you for first comment!:cheers:

Plants look great and a nice variety as well. What size pots do you use?

I hope you have a very productive year!
jacob

Thank you all!

I use pots with 15 up to 20 liter capacity and some plants are in pots with 10 liters, but they have a pot for themselves. In the bigger pots there are partially 2 plant per pot.

Very nice plants Andre! Looking great and I hope you have a whole year of production from them. Keep up the great work buddy!!!!!

Charles

Andre said:
Yes, of course! Theres no other way in northern germany to get good plants, instead you have enough space indoor.

There are plenty of people who grow chiles further north than you, but a greenhouse would of course help;)

Back