• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Andy's season 2009..

Andy's season 2009..

This season i seeded only a few different sorts. Net year Im planning about 30 sorts or something that way..

But now soem pics of this year..

I started in april, which is very late for northern germanys circumstances. I started to grow indoor because it has been very cold year.. In may i started to let my plants enjoy direct sun contact.
02.04.0912yks.jpg

Unfortunately i live in a doublehouse and all my windows and the garden show to north. This shot was taken in the end of may.
chili22050983z4w.jpg

This one was taken about ONE moth later. Now there was the one or other fine day and they grew an grew and grew..
fensterbank45fy.jpg

Yeah, i know.. Nice window colour butterflys:lol:

tbc in the next post.. sorry but i am limited to 4 pix/smilies per post.. Hope that is not forever..

EDIT: Can someone please fix the topic to 2009?? hahha, cheers ;-)

Because of not enough space indoor, i had to get some of them outside. And that time, there still have been some rainy and windy days, so the few that was outside diddnt grow that good..

inside: (jalapeno, habanero orange apple, naga morich, red savina and some mixed unknown with apache in the red box)
fensterbank2z2kt.jpg

(outside) jalapeno:
shpdrauene3vn.jpg

(outside) 6x red savina:
rsdrauent54w.jpg

In comparasion: on the left they grew outside, the ones on tghe right i carried outside for this pic. You an deduct 5" more of the left ones, because they are standing a bit higher...
rsvergleicha5s0.jpg

tbc

Andy said:
EDIT: Can someone please fix the topic to 2009?? hahha, cheers ;-)

done....

nice plants...they look healthy

Armadillo said:
Good job! Nice plants for your southern scandinavian circumstances... ;) Keep on growin'em!
Thats a real good description for this area!!! Hahahha!!! Fantastic!!

serrano said:
looking good. i see plenty of nagas and habs
Good eyes over there ;) This season it was important to me to have some REAL hot peppers, because at the beginning there was not enough space and i need a lot of hot powder to survive the winter :hell:

THX for fixing topic AJ!!!

And yeah, they are very healthy.. And i didnt use fertilizer til that pix.

Thx for all that answers til now btw!!!:eek:

to be continued..

The time had come and i had my first insects f**kin my plants.. My plants became bigger and higher and i was impelled to buy a greehouse for the garden.

Apache with neem in the background:
apa2e6ow.jpg

Here are the plants i brought outside in the new greenhouse. Meanwhile even the middle is full with plants.. hehe..
allezlva.jpg

My first red fruits this year on july 22nd. (Apache)
apava7m.jpg

Another pic of a different habanero orange apple plant:
haba0l01.jpg

to be continued..

Here are some single plants...

Jalapeno; i picked up the biggest yesterday, but it wasnt hot anyway.. (poem^^)
jalaflli.jpg

My first naga morich fruit. Cant wait to taste it.. hehehe! Hope that will burn the S**t out of me...
nagaoak9.jpg

First red savina fruit. Very small.. Sry for all that shitty pics, but i have only my mobilecam with 2 MP for that. Will buy a better one for the next season..
redsav1xfe.jpg

Here is a neary yellow jalapeno in the middle. Dont know whats the matter and hope it will recover a bit. I gave a bit more fertilizer.. Have to wait for death or wonder now. The plant on the right of the jalapeno is another apache, but the two others are unknown. Hope they will be naga morich or some more orange apples..
gelbejalav9q7.jpg

to be continued..

Now i had a real antplague. So i had to devise a good idea. They nested in some of my plants and thought that i have only to unfasten a bit of soil of the bottum, but they have been through and though in all infested pots.
I fixed all infested plants and put all pots on wooden boards which I put on stones which are standing in watercups. No that bast**ds have to swim if they want to destroy something. There is no chance for snails too..

My construction with antpoison and an apache plant. Works!
1xxkc.jpg

Left side: A better picture of my construction(from left: unknown, apache, unknown, unknown, jalapeno, naga morch, unknown)
22am6.jpg

Right side: (from right: Naga morich, red savina, 3x sibirische hauspaprika (dont know what its called in english..) and habanero orange apple in the white pot.
rechts203e.jpg

My greenhouse isnt standing on its eventual place. I built a basement in another corner of my garden, but i still need some flagstones for a siutable ground.

Will take some more up-to-date-pix in a week! Thanks for all answers til now and if there are any questions, feel free to ask...

@moyboy: Really nice to hear that!!! Its often really encouraging with growing exotic plats like this in my region. I do everything possible to have a good result in the end and I wished to live in australia in that way! ..may you can imagine how difficult it would be to grow peppers in northern germany.

The weather is really terrible and the summer is very cold periodically all over here.. The english dudes, that guy from sweden and some others will know what im talking about..
Furthermore its hard to get a good result if your garden is located to the north and the neighbouringhouses are letting the sun come through at 14 o'clock (2PM) at the earliest..

Now i have started to give fertilizers to all plants and hope they will develop as ever..

For the next season i bought artificial light and a heating pad to get some better results. I will start very earlier and i can get them outside very earlier too.

Next season will be like this:

-Jalapeno (again / possibly hybrid)
-Red Savina (again / possibly hybrid)
-Naga Morich (again / possibly hybrid)
-Apache (again / possibly hybrid)
-Piquin
-Tepin
-Serrano
-Thai Red
-Aji Cristal
-(Aji White Wax, just want t know if there is a difference..)
-Cayenne yellow
-Fatalii
-Peter Pepper
-Rocoto de Seda
-Scotch Bonnet Red
-Lemon Drop
-Black Pearl
-De Arbol
-Ancho
-7Pot
-Aji Umba
-Fishpepper
-Goronong
-Habanero White Bullet
-Scarlet Lantern
-Limón
-Sebes
-Malagueta
-Piment de Espelette
-Pimienta de Neyde
-Galapagoense (wild)
-Kashmir Mirch

(I dont think that i will ever get seeds of kashmir mirch , but if i wont get it, i will try to get some guajillo seeds as displacement. So if ANYBODY reads this who can supply seeds for kashmir mirch, PLEASE CONTACT ME!!!! I can trade seeds or can pay you some money with paypal and all the seeds of the next season will be NO hybrids!!!)

Andy said:
@moyboy: Really nice to hear that!!! Its often really encouraging with growing exotic plats like this in my region. I do everything possible to have a good result in the end and I wished to live in australia in that way! ..may you can imagine how difficult it would be to grow peppers in northern germany.

The weather is really terrible and the summer is very cold periodically all over here.. The english dudes, that guy from sweden and some others will know what im talking about..
Furthermore its hard to get a good result if your garden is located to the north and the neighbouringhouses are letting the sun come through at 14 o'clock (2PM) at the earliest..

Now i have started to give fertilizers to all plants and hope they will develop as ever..

Yes I have to say that we aussies are blessed when it comes to a good long growing season. With only a little TLC I can usually get ripe pods for about 7-8 months of the year and my plants don't ready lose there leaves in winter...

Others may disagree but ants can sometimes be a good thing. Ants are attracted to other bugs that are the enermy to the chilli plant but ants aren't always the enermy themselves. Yes it looks bad to have millions of ants all over your plants but that means they are keeping the other bugs at bay and the ants aren't doing any direct damage to the plant itself....So watch out for the build up of other bugs on your plants...

moyboy said:
Others may disagree but ants can sometimes be a good thing. Ants are attracted to other bugs that are the enermy to the chilli plant but ants aren't always the enermy themselves. Yes it looks bad to have millions of ants all over your plants but that means they are keeping the other bugs at bay and the ants aren't doing any direct damage to the plant itself....So watch out for the build up of other bugs on your plants...

That's true. But some ants are farming aphids.

Armadillo said:
That's true. But some ants are farming aphids.

Thats the point! I will do anyting against aphids and throw every ladybug(?) i can find into my greenhouse. Ants are good as far as they dont get too much. The ants have been about 70% in the infested pots and i thought that would be a bit too much..
The new basement will built of stones, foils, styrofoam and some lines of silicon which will keep hopefully any kind of insects out of of my greenhouse. That isnt possible but i will do whatever i can.. Hard enough you know..;)

Nu pix

better pic of naga morich
morichbq50.jpg

better pic of red savina
redsavinaqppr.jpg

chocolate apache ;-)
chocoapachesugu.jpg

inside the greenhouse
allec9bc5f2cjpg.jpg

Back