• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Annie's 2014 Glog: MoA ferments

Updates to light shelving:

AnnsGlog2014updatetolights1_zps75e50865.jpg

AnnsGlog2014updatetolights2_zps17b151cb.jpg

Like the way mylar insulated car shades keep light in.

Seeds in flats after KN03 and H202 overnight soak:

Anns2014Glog1-19-14flat1_zps44788eea.jpg

Flat 2: "others"  (list posted later):

Anns2014Glog1-19-14flat3_zpsba6a829a.jpg

Blurry pic above? Finished this at 5am. Pic at 8am. On manual, I moved. :rofl:

Flat 3:
Anns2014Glog1-19-14flat2_zps4d14086f.jpg

Flat 4:

Anns2014Glog1-19-14flat4_zps62347ea2.jpg

List:

The Hab and Bonnet Family:

Bahamian Goat (Greg/PIC1 and Grant/JungleRain)
Brazilian Starfish (Judy/Pepper lover)
Chocolate Habañero (mine)
Elongated Black Hab (Refining Fire)
Habajolokia Brown (Old Barn Nursery/Buckeye)
Harolds St. Bart x West Indies Hab (Meatfreak/Stefan)--planted 1-21-14
Jamaican Hot Chocolate (mine and seed saved from Pia/Sanarda, others)
Jamaican Red Hab (mine 2013 from Walkgood 2012-2013)
Jamaican Red Mushroom (Refining Fire)
Peach Hab (Jason/GA Growhead)
Red Squash/Mushroom (Old Barn/Buckeye)
Scotch Bonnet Brown (Judy/Pepperlover)
Scotch Bonnet Foodarama (Meatfreak/Stefan)--new planted 1-21-14
Scotch Bonnet Long (Greg/PIC1)
Scotch Bonnet Market (Greg/PIC1)
Scotch Bonnet MoA red (Greg/PIC1)
Scotch Bonnet MoA yellow (Steve, Ramon/Walkgood/PIC1)
Scotch Bonnet TFM (mine)
White Hab Stinger Pod (Paul G)
White Habañero (Jeff/Bodeen, Jason GA Growhead)
Choc Hab Hand Grenade F3 (Tasty Peppers/Meatfreak/Stefan)—planted 1-21-14

The Supers:

7 Pod Brown x Naga (mine from Jamie/Romy6 2012)
Barrackpore (Jamie/Romy6  and Jason/GA Growhead)
Bhut Orange Copenhagen (Jason/GA Growhead)
Black Naga (JJJesse and Pia/Sanarda)
Bonda Ma Jacques (mine)
Bubblegum 7 (Pia/Sanarda and Jason GA Growhead)
Burgundy 7 Pot (Jeff/Bodeen seed)
Butch T (Refining Fire and Judy/freebie—THANK YOU JUDY!)
Butch T Yellow (Old Barn/Buckeye)
Choc Bhut x Yellow 7 F5 (Grant/JungleRain )
Chocolate Barrackpore (Jason/GA Growhead)
Chocolate Bhut (Judy/plover THANK YOU!/Buckeye)
Chocolate Moruga (Refining Fire)
Daisy Cutter MA Yellow (Old Barn/Buckeye)
Douglah (mine/Jamie Romy 6 from 2012)
Fatalii White (Greg/PIC1)
Fatalii Yellow (mine)
Funky Reaper (Scott/Devv)
Jay’s Peach Ghost Scorp (Jason/GA Growhead/Hillbilly Jeff)
Madballz (Jamie/Romy6  and Jason/GA Growhead)
King Naga (probably same as King Naga, Judy/pepperlover)
Naga Tabasco (Grant/Junglerain)
Orange 7 (Judy/Pepper lover, freebie!)
Orange Thai (THANK YOU JASON! GA Growhead!)
Peach Bhut (Judy/pepperlover, Ramon/Walkgood, Jeff/Hillbilly Jeff)
Pimenta Elisir Bhut x Neyde (OBNursery/Buckeye) aka “Lisa 1”
Pimenta Lisa F-2 (Meatfreak/Stefan) aka "Lisa 2"--planted 1-21-14
Red Jonah (Jamie/Romy6)
Red Thai (sample seed)
Trinidad Scorpion Red (Romy6/Jamie 2012 seed)
White 7 (Jason/GA Growhead, Jamie/Romy6)
White Bhut (Ramon/Walkgood)
Yellow 7 Giant (mine and Jason/GA Growhead/Judy)
Yellow Bhut (my seeds from 2012/Hillbilly Jeff 2013)
Yellow Brainstrain (mine/Judy)
Yellow Jonah (Grant/Jungle Rain)
Yellow Moruga (mine)
Yellow Primo (Jamie/Romy6)
Tabasco (mine)

Seasoning:

SBYellow x Yellow Brainstrain (Meatfreak/Stefan)
Hawaiian Sweet Hot (Old Barn/Buckeye)—annuum  
Aji Limon (my seed)
Brown Egg (Jason/GA Growhead)
Georgia Black (Jason/GA Growhead)
Peruvian Serlano (Jamie/Romy6)—hope these become sweet and fruity like pods Jamie sent
Tobago Seasoning (Judy/pepperlover)
Trinidad Perfume (mine)
Trinidad Scorpion Sweets (Jason/GA Growhead)
West Indies Hab (Pia Sanarda)
Yellow Bouquet (Kevin,/Wayright 2012, 2013 my seed)
Yellow CARDI (mine from seed)
Goat’s Weed (Shane/ Judy)

The Southwestern/Tex Mex:

Pasilla Bajilo (mild, sample seed and mine)
Poblano (mild, sample seed and mine)

Annuums and Standbys:

Big Jim Numex (sample seed and some other company)
Biker Billy (Old Barn Nursery/Buckeye Pepper)
Joe’s Cayenne (Buckeye)
Cayenne (mine)
Cracked Jal/Jalapa (mine)
Giant Jalapeño (mine)
Jal M—(mine)
Purple Jalapeño (Old Barn/Buckeye)
Jalapeños from Stefan/Meatfreak--will update when seeded
Jalapenos from Stefan/Meatfreak--will updated when seeded
Padron
Gochu (meatfreak/Stefan)
Serrano Tampequino (mine)
Sweet Pickle (meatfreak/Stefan)
Yellow cayenne (OBNursery/Buckeye)
Fish (sample seed)
Aleppo (Buckeye)
Urfa Biber (meatfreak/Stefan and Old Barn/BEye pepper)

Not planted annuums yet aside from Goat's Weed, Hawaiian Sweet Hot.

5 peppers got an entire 6 pack; otherwise divided into 3 (half 6-p: yes; 6/2 = 3 [hotdamn am tired]) and will prick out. Entire 6: 1. BOC (Jason/GA Growhead) 2. MoA (but another half-6 of that from Walkgood/Ramon and Steve); 3. Tabasco (mine) 4. Bahamian Goat (Greg PIC1), and 5. JA Hab (Ramon/Walkgood)

Many thanks to Mike Rote/Barley_Pop for jerky :dance:  :drooling:  and Jason/GA Growhead, for sending me my own Orange Thai seed and the hottest damn powder I've ever had! :onfire: Also, thank you, John, Ark/Saw for the Harbor Freight coupons for "torch to burn honeysuckle roots." And everybody who has, via PM or otherwise, encouraged, offered ideas on new, additional growing space: fence is gone and if no rain, fell, limb, buck and split with two splitters 8 big trees, Maple, 4 Hickories, Pecan, Black Walnut, Poplar NEXT WEEKEND! :party:

Also, would like ideas on that new (additional) space (100'+ x 50')  with stumps, most are to side except Maple. 1. burn 2. grind (cost prohibitive and don't think rented grinder would get it but might if ya'll have any ideas) 3. Work around them this year . . . raised beds, ugh, the work or level with huge dump truck topsoil. And again, work around what's left of stumps. Rip it in Feb. REALLY rich humus in half that on the "lots of trees" side: 25' x 100'+. Also, high side. Have considered dozer/bucket end of my and cousin's tractor just to help level and "share the wealth" of humus.

Hope everybody has kick-butt 2014 GROW! :fireball:

Edited 1-21-2014

I washed my flip phone once, and it just shorted out the battery.  
After I dried it out and recharged the battery it worked fine.  Go figure!

The screen was a little foggy for awhile, but it eventually cleared.

Hope your doc issues resolve themselves, Annie.  They usually mean well.

I've been under the knife two times in the last two years.  Nothing serious,
hernia and some foot surgery.  Just because I like being knocked out so much,
I have another hernia operation coming up very soon.  These are very specific
issues with very clear cut treatments, not like your nebulous 'pain in the calf',
where they seem to be shooting in the dark!  Good luck, girl!

Even with all the stuff going on, you have a great grow going!

Thanks Annie & Paul G.  Yea I put it rice been in there from Fri. nite....pull it out and plug it in an all that lites up is the key pad.  I plug it in as it to see if it snapped out of it and also to keep the battery charged up (it is 3.7 Volts and is showing 3.4).  Hoping to get my new exact same phone on 8/14 just right before my b-day on 8/15....Happy b-day to me LOL.  Just sucks I had to buy new phone when I had a back up one but it is no longer in their system to activate it.

Hoping next week goes better than last week.  Now I need to return this back to Annie's peppers

Had my phone in my pocket when I went in the water to retrieve a lure.  Survived the first time, died on the second time.  Two years ago my phone did not survive me swimming with it in my pocket at all.

So far I haven't dropped one overboard, in the toilet, or in the shower yet lol.

Wow Annie sorry about the doc troubles. At least the peppers help build up the endorphins right? You can build up endorphins? Anatomy works like that?

I love your reviews. Really top notch. And wow, trying all of those peppers back to back must have been intense. I'd be worried... one too-large bite of a chocolate moruga had me laying on the ground, breaking out in cold sweats. Since then, I take a couple bites of yogurt first and I think I've been holding my own. Also none of the really really hot ones... the reds, seem to lay me out all that bad. That or I'm getting good at shutting my mouth down. They sure do upset the stomach.

Anyway, that BMJ cross looks killer. Some of them sure do look like yellow bhuts. Interesting that the ybhut struck you as such a fireball. They sure do have a good flavor, but I've been having trouble avoiding water cracks.

JJJessee said:
Crap, we lost Johnny Winter. 

This. Just as was beginning to start working on "last minute" screw you, Proff, syllabus," found out the male Lucille Ball is . . . well, "perchance to dream . . . for in that sleep of death what dreams may come . . . when we have shuffled off this moral coil." Just,  damnit. Anyhow, having memorized my favorite Robin Williams' film (ironic): "I found you in hell. Don't you think I could find you in Jersey!"

"Carpe diem!"

Going back to work has to suck, LB and I have 226 day contracts, if you want to call them that. They say "At will" I say "At risk" ;)  We did get 2 weeks off this summer, and going back was tough. I can only imagine how it is after a summer off. Our teachers and all staff are back starting today, so busy times for us in technology. When they forget their password I tell them in my best oriental accent "awe, you forget password? Cost you five dollar!". Actually had a coach get mad at me once, "I'm not paying you 5 dollars". ROFLMAO!

Devv said:
 Our teachers and all staff are back starting today, so busy times for us in technology. When they forget their password I tell them in my best oriental accent "awe, you forget password? Cost you five dollar!". Actually had a coach get mad at me once, "I'm not paying you 5 dollars". ROFLMAO!

S'right Scott... my father always told me, "You can hang some people with a golden rope and they'll still complain..." ;)

Hope all is well miz Annie, and you didn't overdo it (again) bringing down those trees in your back yard... :P

Sawyer said:
I loved that film.

He never did anything less than spectacular, imo, John.

Datil said:
Awesome poddage Annie!
That King Naga is wicked! Some kind of hybrid maybe?

Cya

Datil

Fabrizio! Hybrid accident on Bonda Ma Jacques x Naga cross. But saving some seeds to grow one and see what it becomes next year. ;)

Barley-pop57 said:
Need some pics....been awhile

Eh, Jerky Mon; I got package for you but you wanna see before Christmas morning, right? (Well, box peppers like Arbor Day but . . . 6 of 1; half dozen other . . . said that to freshman this week in my office going over his schedule. Took me nearly 15 minutes to explain phrase to him--major jock--since he asked, and finally I said, "Never mind: you're set. Bye now." Freakin' idiot children.  :rolleyes:  )

Devv said:
Going back to work has to suck, LB and I have 226 day contracts, if you want to call them that. They say "At will" I say "At risk" ;)  We did get 2 weeks off this summer, and going back was tough. I can only imagine how it is after a summer off. Our teachers and all staff are back starting today, so busy times for us in technology. When they forget their password I tell them in my best oriental accent "awe, you forget password? Cost you five dollar!". Actually had a coach get mad at me once, "I'm not paying you 5 dollars". ROFLMAO!

Lol: "At will." As in, "Make sure got finalized one because we gonna work ya to death. What's time & 1/2; you're salaried." "At will?" You have 226 and only get couple weeks in summer. What do they give with pay for Christmas? That's "high risk." :crazy: AHR.

I bake cookies and shit for IT Dept. They're like sound-people in music industry: nobody can really mess ya up but them or yaself. And how ya sound depends on whether owner/managers pay ya per contract, since they don't pay ya for a good review; that's just how ya got the contract to play the club. It doesn't take a terribly bright person to figure this out.

It's just stupid to lose passwords (and I have 4). Puts undue stress on IT/tech to do redundant stuff. Thus, when I DO need them, they appreciate me and will do anything in world to help me. (Now if we start random drug-testing with those cookies and brownies I bake for 'em, JUST KIDDIN! :rofl: )

Be well, Scotty; "short-rows" to retirement!

stickman said:

S'right Scott... my father always told me, "You can hang some people with a golden rope and they'll still complain..." ;)

Hope all is well miz Annie, and you didn't overdo it (again) bringing down those trees in your back yard... :P

Yeah; Southern way of saying is, "Sittin' in heaven with lap-full June apples and still find fault." Now: Rico-Trico why you think I'd overdo? lol I didn't, for once--injuries get boring. We still have about a cord to split but . . . it's all good. NO; not going out with maul on "consistent basis" when 4 miles from here, bro has 28 ton splitter. I did go pop some with maul to rid of aggression after some testing this week.

maximumcapsicum said:
It is gettin' to be that time. Looking forward to cleaning up the syllabi this week on my end too.

Yeah, I do some recycling/scrubbing, reorganizing, aka, 'creative writing" given managed care aspects of post-secondary ed. :cool: But then, Adam, I try to live out the ambition of the revised syllabus for each class. That's sad. :rofl:

Funny story. Nobody here's getting out alive. Not funny: a fact, kinda. 18 years ago, quit smoking cigs since was recovering from everything else "drug-stuff." But took me a couple more on cigs as just did. No big deal. Continued running, working out, bla, bla. Doc says in good health, bla, bla.

Having a bit of cramping or tightness in left calf, from time to time on run. Brought to attention of Doc. Doc sent me for Ultrasound doppler of legs last week ON MY DAY OFF. MY ONLY DAY OFF! Cool. Because if a little PAD, it's workable since everything else is good relative to blood-work and testing.

Get to hospital and at least ran into my oldest nephew, beginning new practice here, moved from Naples, FL. And as I took care of him, "kid" had a few moments, so he looked out for me. He has on suit and hospital tag since he only reccs his patients' surgeries done at this hospital. Good-looking, clean-cut athletic looking young man. Tech takes me back, hooks up a bp cuff at all the right places but first tests the machine--yeah, the kid-nephew "Doc" is in room, drinking some of his juiced mess for lunch--she expands cuff and says, "167" and didn't get "over" out. Before I could say anything, nephew said, "That's inaccurate. Please go get a manual cuff and another machine. Thank you." He's eating some sprouty lookin' stuff, never took a break, eating, just winked at me.

She scurries back, hooked me up, took manual and other bp machine and wowie, down to 118, which is normal if not lower. Then she tested her doppler ultrasound machine, still reading at 160ish. She's, "Oh my!" Nephew cleared his throat, about to laugh but it's hardly funny for the 5 other people she's already given FALSE readings to that day. She recalibrated the machine. "Oh my!" Nephew excused himself, winked at me again, came back with director of radiology, kissed me bye; she was told to go wait for "the radiology dude" while he finished up with me. He apologized; stated that they are supposed to check that machine with 2 other sources prior to testing each patient. Tragic incompetence on her part.

Got these done late last night so I can relax today. Go fishin' or sumpin.' MoA ferments:

AG148-23MoAferments_zps4e243e31.jpg

Peace, Annie

Those blood pressure machines are junk, mine if tested with a stethoscope runs 116 to 124 over 78 to 80. Have had the school nurse check it several times 5 days in a row. Now the machine puts me around 145-150 over 85-95, you know stroke bait. And they want to put me on blood pressure medicines. Glad your Nephew was there ;) 

Yeppers, on salary, and this white boy doesn't do over time. No pay no stay ;)  If a catastrophe happens I'm there for them, and will comp the time when I can. We get paid 24 times a year, and do have the two weeks for Christmas, a week for spring break, pretty much we follow the teachers schedule until school lets out. I feel like I'm semi retired, I work 6 till 2:30 with a half hour lunch. Beats leaving the house at 6 and getting home at 7 and being in the heat all day with 5 days off a year. 5 years from Christmas is the retirement date. I'll have 20 years credit.

MoA sauce looks good, I'm still sticking them in the freezer to sauce later on.

Back to the leg, so is good? I'm wondering if it's related to hobbling? When a leg is down the other one suffers from being over worked, especially when over 40 ;)

Take care!

It's a true thing that your best advocate in a medical context is yourself. I don't take anything they tell me at face value unless it tallies with my own observations, and I watch 'em close. A while back, I dropped a heavy piece of stone on my foot when I was working as a mason's tender. I got the foot x-rayed to make sure it wasn't broken (it wasn't), and the intern who was looking at the film stopped another intern and asked him if he saw a break in the picture. They both tried to bill me, but I refused to pay the second guy because the first asked him for his opinion... I didn't.

Good luck with the MoA ferment... if you'd care to share, watcha got in it? :)

Take care miz Annie... school starting soon sorta puts me in mid of the gladiator's salute to the (Roman) Emperor... Ave Imperator, moritori te salutant... ;)

Too true Rick.

I always wanted to bill a doctor for an "office visit" while I was working as an auto tech. First visit, office visit, come back in a week or two if I have the time to see you I'll tell you what the problem is. And I'll make you wait an hour before seeing you too. But of course I'll charge you for another "office visit" and then for the necessary repairs.

My experience is that they are the worst (cheapest) customers. Really glad I'm not in that business anymore..

Edit: I'm really sure some good ones are out there, my wife used to visit an excellent doc that actually kept his side of the appointments.

Hey Ms. Annie, 

Nice updates.  I bet you are going to enjoy school if you have students like the one you advised.....it will be a long school year :D  Do you have to grade on a curve ????  :lol:

Will be looking forward to Christmas... :lol:     Have a great one Ms. Annie !!!!!

Back