• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

annuum Annum recommendations

Hi all! I need some suggestions of some good tasting and hot annums 100k shus or lower. I only plan on growing 3 or 4 annums this yr and Im mostly familiar with super hots. So far Im thinking cayenne slim and aji lemon (same as lemon drop?) Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Here are few C.Annums

1.Arledge (Heirloom)
2. Biker Billy
3. Crvena Feferona ljuta
4.Firefox
5.Fish pepper
6.Mek Phet
7.Tiger
8.Zoki F-1
9.Venus
10.Bulgarian carrot

Holy Mole hybrid is a Pasilla-type that I like a lot. I dry it and grind it together with Anaheim chile, Anchos and Chimayos to make the base for a good chili powder. Jalapenos, Serranos, Hot Wax peppers, Korean Gochu peppers and hot cherry peppers are all prolific and widely adaptable.

Glad you are growing too John. Would not be the same without ya. Now back to the topic at hand. :dance:

Love me some biker billy's. Let me know I will send you a nice variety of annums :party:

Hi all! I need some suggestions of some good tasting and hot annums 100k shus or lower. I only plan on growing 3 or 4 annums this yr and Im mostly familiar with super hots. So far Im thinking cayenne slim and aji lemon (same as lemon drop?) Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
Aji Limon and Lemon Drop are the same as far as I know. They are c. baccatum, not c. anuum, so you have an excuse to grow those along with the 3 or 4 anuums.

i use goatsweed as my house pepper, it has that cayenne annuum taste but is painfully hot. then i supplement with fresno because of their sweet flavour. if i have the room i drop a few bulgarian carrots in soil.
i do have serrano growing but only because i dropped some in soil and they grew, i didn't have the heart to kill them. i am over wintering dundicutt and sannam but they too taste like a cayenne and am thinking of offing them to make room for new varieties. 2 jwala plants that have to go also as they are taking up space and energy.

you see, that is the problem with many annuums, select the varieties that most taste like cayenne and pick a favourite, discard the rest. then select those annuums that do not resemble cayenne.

good luck on what ever you choose.

Nepali was an amazing performer for me this year

DSC04801_zpsdafa3282.jpg

very hot, big pods with thin skin that dry very well for everyday's use.
Orange Thai is another great variety i'm going to grow next year.

Cya

Datil

Thanks for the replies everybody, much appreciated! Choices Choices! :think:

What kind of texture/use/flavor are you going for here? Do you want big, thick-walled salad/stir fry/stuffing peppers, or thin-walled drying peppers? Do you want something fruity as well as hot? Good for roasting?

If you narrow the criteria, I'll bet we can narrow the choices. :)

Back