another aussie.. melbourne to be exact

hi,

im just getting into this growing thing with chillis.. ive had a love for spicy food for years, and when my local indian place went commecial and lost the hot, i went on a quest to find a new way for hotness. turns out the best way is to grow it and make it yourself. im starting off slow, having just planted a few fatalii, orange hab, and a number of other random seeds i have got my hands on, totalling about 50 seeds down. also have 3 other plants already growning and 2 producing reasonably hot pods.
ill green house some of them when it comes time in a hope to keep getting pods when its really time for hot chilli, the rest of what actually end up growing ill gift to family so i can have warm stuff when i visit them :D Saying that, its a very new project for me, and being that im gifted with 2 brown thumbs i have my fingers crossed and expectations low.

im trying a number of different germination moethods and a few different soils. bit more of an experiment for me ATM to feel out what works so when i comes time to plant mid year ill have a better idea of what works for me and how to set up my on-the-cheap grow cupboard.

anywayz.. hi, and thanks for all the good info :)

:welcome: from the Pacific NW, USA.
Keep us posted on your germination experiment :!:

thanks all. will keep updated, cause if actually get any to germinate ill be so stoked everyone will hear about it, espcially any of the yellow fataliis.. they are the ones i have read heaps about and am most looking forward to. :D :D

i was tempted to grow a couple of bhuts or butch T's just to see the hype.. but my GF is due to have our first baby, and i figure that cooking something that requires goggles and gloves to handle and cook with is probably not in the best interest of the new addition. if i can get my hands on a pod to try one, ill probably jump on it.. but if i grew a tree there would be too many around and id be too tempted to use them, so for now ill limit myself to the fataliis and habs and maybe in a couple of years ill upgrade to an outside kitchen and have a go with them :)

Back