• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

shopping Another good book purchase

I borrowed a copy from a gardening buddy and didn't really get much from it. It's nice if you have a sprawling garden with hundreds of variates and you want to attract certain insects to fight off other insects, however I've found a bag of a few hundred lady bugs every year is all I need for growing peppers.

That's interesting LGHT. It had a very high rating in the reviews so I thought it might be helpful.
Peppers are just a small portion of my plants. My Dahlias and the other 100+ plants in the yard make up the bulk of my gardening interests although my yard is not real big.

Well like I said I only grow a few plants, but if you grow 100 of different plants it is a lot more helpful. Just wasn't for me. I've tried the green lacewings, pre-mantus pods (never hatched) etc etc and lady bugs just work.

Our mantids hatched... had several hundred of them running around for a bit... now we have a number of well-fed lizards running around... :(

I've seen lacewing eggs around, so I know some of them hatched at least. Same for the ladybugs, I've seen some larvae and some young adults, so I know we have a second gen of them around.

If you get the book and it's worth it, maybe post a review. I've got a small yard with a lot of plants (mainly peppers ;) ) and am open to anything that works at this point :)

Just remember, that book will become obsolete in 2 years time when more research is done, and the revised edition comes out.

With that mentality you better not purchase any book. :rolleyes:

Well like I said I only grow a few plants, but if you grow 100 of different plants it is a lot more helpful. Just wasn't for me. I've tried the green lacewings, pre-mantus pods (never hatched) etc etc and lady bugs just work.

Understandable. It does cover a lot more than just insects though.

Back