• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Another "Help with ID" please...

that's the value of this forum, many eyes with loads of experience and skills at picking out some of the smallest details.

psuedocapsicum who would have thought?

i would just trash it and use the spot for a plant with value, then do the right thing and print off the page about the plant and take it to the nursery. i bet they didn't even know the properties of this plant. i am sure they would do the right thing and either remove their plants completely or at least move it to a ornamental section of the nursery with proper alerts and notes of "not for human consumption".

that's the value of this forum, many eyes with loads of experience and skills at picking out some of the smallest details.

psuedocapsicum who would have thought?

i would just trash it and use the spot for a plant with value, then do the right thing and print off the page about the plant and take it to the nursery. i bet they didn't even know the properties of this plant. i am sure they would do the right thing and either remove their plants completely or at least move it to a ornamental section of the nursery with proper alerts and notes of "not for human consumption".
You'd be surprised... I went back there today, plant tag in hand, and told them "I think this is a Jerusalem Cherry"... They told me that they "don't think so, why would their grower plant and supply those?" They still had 4 plants of it left. Here's a pic of the tag, and it says, plain & clear, "PEPPER".

DSC_6333.jpg

Who knows; maybe it's really a pseudo Pseudocapiscum, and really a pepper.. ;)

You'd be surprised... I went back there today, plant tag in hand, and told them "I think this is a Jerusalem Cherry"... They told me that they "don't think so, why would their grower plant and supply those?" They still had 4 plants of it left. Here's a pic of the tag, and it says, plain & clear, "PEPPER".

DSC_6333.jpg

Who knows; maybe it's really a pseudo Pseudocapiscum, and really a pepper.. ;)

I have searched google up and down with all kinds of different variations with and without quotation marks, and I can't find a single reference to a pepper named "Cranberry Red" anywhere. So maybe they should be asking their supplier why they're selling something with a name on it that apparently doesn't actually exist. I've never seen a chile pepper flower with giant, bright yellow stamens, and can't find any mention of one on google either. Also, size of the flower and size of the pepper seem to be very highly correlated. Chiltepins have tiny flowers, bell peppers have giant flowers, etc. That looks like a pretty big flower for those tiny pods. I really, really don't think that's a chile pepper. I think you should cut one open and see what it smells like.

That company has a really janky, Fischer Price My First Website here: http://www.unitedplantgrowers.com/. Just a home page with a couple sentences and an email address, that's it. I think might email them tomorrow with some pictures and info and see what they have to say.

Back