• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Another update on plants advice needed

A couple weeks ago I posted about my two transplanted pepper plants. I hibernated them inside this winter and then transported on a Saturday. The next day Sunday/Monday it got down to 35 and overnight. This was unexpected as they were predicting low 40s. The leaves on both (habanero and ghost) turned white and eventually fell off. I was told that they would probably be ok. I still have yet to see new growth and he stalks and limbs of both plants are turning dark brown almost black looking and losing their green color. Is it bad news when this happens? Are they dead? I would like to replace them with new plants now if they are instead of waiting much longer just to find out later in the summer.

Given the shortness of your growing season, I think I'd be getting new plants, ASAP.  You've still got plenty of time to grow a plant that hasn't been knocked back.

solid7 said:
Given the shortness of your growing season, I think I'd be getting new plants, ASAP.  You've still got plenty of time to grow a plant that hasn't been knocked back.
Thats what I was wondering too. Too bad. Live and learn though

Back