• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Another which is hotter - India vs Trinnidad

I have been discussing (or arguing a point) with somebody on a general fruit and veg growers forum about which is hotter - Naga's or Trinidad 7 pot and Scorpion.

There was a post on this forum about the Dorset Naga's and I posted to say, if you think they are hot, try the 7 pot or scorpion.

The usual know it all came out with that the naga's are the hottest as the Scoville scale says so. And that the debate for which is hotter could go on forever. He also mentioned the variables such as watering, feeding and temperature could effect heat. I then said that many chilli fanatics agree the 7 pots and scorpions are hotter and have grown them alongside - we can't all be wrong nor can it be a stray pod. Do you think its likely that the Trinidad varieties will be tested eventually and what do you think they will come out at?

So... Which is hotter?

At this point it is pure speculation, as tongue testing is very hard at these levels, and there is no Scoville rating for the Scorp yet.

Who really cares though? I could care less about Guinness Book entries. I go for flavor and heat, and like what I like.

Ya, the ButchT Scorpion is definitely the hottest I've ever tried followed by Trinidad 7pot/pod and then the nagas and bhuts. All are way too hot for any normal person to eat fresh, including me for now on

I want to test this! I only have nagas and their already dried :(

JayT said:
My personal opinion having eaten one of each whole: Scorpion, then 7-Pot, then Bhut Jolokia.

No video's or photos so no proof.......and don't go blaming your wife :P

thehotpepper.com said:
I want to test this! I only have nagas and their already dried :(

Well if you would grow your own then you wouldn't have that trouble would you!!!!!

I am yet to try the trini scorp, but will say the 7 pot is much hotter than the bhut or Dorset!!!

you are a day late and a dollar short THP...I don't have any fresh ones left...after I picked out the ones for JayT I processed everything else...I don't know, maybe Cappy has some fresh left...

I may have something up my sleeve for you....

I'll stir things up a bit and say that the Naga Morich is the hottest of all. I had a great season in 2008 and compared the Naga Morich, 7pod, T. Scorpion and Bhut. Not every Naga Morich had the same heat, but some select pods were noticeably hotter than my hottest Trinidad Scorpions and 7pods.

AlabamaJack said:
you are a day late and a dollar short THP...I don't have any fresh ones left...after I picked out the ones for JayT I processed everything else...I don't know, maybe Cappy has some fresh left...

I may have something up my sleeve for you....
You mean you forgot about me? :D

www.thehotpepper.com/showthread.php?t=14118

:mope:

Just have some Bhuts left fresh everything else processed. You need to try summer pods to get the full effect Dan. I live in fear of eating a raw 7 Pod again, yet I continue to cultivate. I eat Bhuts raw with my spagetti dinner and although painful I always seem to finish whole pods.

ZanderSpice said:
I'll stir things up a bit and say that the Naga Morich is the hottest of all. I had a great season in 2008 and compared the Naga Morich, 7pod, T. Scorpion and Bhut. Not every Naga Morich had the same heat, but some select pods were noticeably hotter than my hottest Trinidad Scorpions and 7pods.

I says you crazy man. Maybe your nagas were extremely hot or your others were not as hot as normal. I dunno, but that is the opposite of what I have found.

Having grown the Naga, Bhut, Scorpion and Seven Pot this year..... I'm voting hands down on the Seven Pot, Scorpion, Naga and Bhut in that order. I had several get togethers with friends who can eat this stuff along with me. the seven pot won every time. Dave

thehotpepper.com said:
You mean you forgot about me? :D

:rofl:

AJ Fail...yup...forgot all about this thread boss...sorry..

The heat level can depend on the growing conditions from weather, stress, and nutrition, so I don't think we'll see a definitive answer from the majority. For me this year my scorpions were the hottest. My Nagas and 7 pots could be eaten off the vine without beer or milk close, while my fataliis on the other hand were hotter then both of these and would almost instantly make your tongue feel like it was being sliced into with a hot knife! :)

Back