• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Any Good Tea Recipes?

Not sure if I have it correct, but I hear fruit & vegatables take bacterial teas better than fungal. If so, does anyone know of any good recipes for peppers?

Not sure if I have it correct, but I hear fruit & vegatables take bacterial teas better than fungal. If so, does anyone know of any good recipes for peppers?
There are all sorts of ways you can go. Start here:
Get you a bag of worm castings, drop them in a 5 gallon bucket, add water, drop an air stone down into it. Let it bubble for at least 24 hours. Once you get a super head on the solution, you'll know you're getting there. After 48 hours, water your plants with that and watch what happens :cool:

well ive heard the foamy tea is more a fungal teat rather than a bacterial one. not sure if this is correct. i think the foamy one is for foilage and the like. but then again, im talking out of my ass right now. i cant seem to find any worm casting around my neighborhood, ive got the air pump and everything ready. just need a recipe.

well ive heard the foamy tea is more a fungal teat rather than a bacterial one. not sure if this is correct. i think the foamy one is for foilage and the like. but then again, im talking out of my ass right now. i cant seem to find any worm casting around my neighborhood, ive got the air pump and everything ready. just need a recipe.
Straight extraction is cool and everything (yes you can feed with this, and this is the one for foliar feeding) but Aerobically brewed tea is best. They have exponentially higher Microbe population densities and therefore create a "living" soil for your roots to interact with. Here is a good read on microbes > The Truth About Microbes

Get a couple of 5 gallon buckets. Get a couple of the Latex paint strainers for 5 gallon buckets. Put strainer in bucket around rim...
I put in 2 hand full's of compost, 2 hand full's of alfalfa pellets (Horse feed pellets, get the pure alfalfa kind), about 1/4 cup of Blackstrap unsulfured Molasses, and depending on what it's going on I add small amounts of fish emulsion of both types to it. Then tie up the bag with wire at the top and let it soak for a couple of days minimum. You can put an air bubbler in the bottom, or stir it a couple of times a day. I recently have been letting it go 10 days as suggested by another forum member and noticed a whole lot more foam build up than after just 3 days.

Once it's done I top off the buckets with tepid water and then mix it into water in a foliar sprayer. Whatever is leftover I pour around the soil, and also dump the "Tea Bag" contents out as a mulch. You can also just pour the tea over your plants and it will act as both a foliar and a soil drench at the same time. With a sprayer I can feed more regularly, and cover more plants with less tea than If you pour it over them though. They seam happier that way.

Back