• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

pests Any idea of what bug this is?

e70ff9b5.jpg

No idea or clue. Its jus chillin outin that leaf not doing anything.

Should I smite it?

Looks like a green lacewing larvae - they are the one of the most beneficial bugs out there - alligators of the insect world. consider yourself lucky!

Im not considering myself lucky to get aphids :'(

Then again, I feel like I caughtthem pretty early on. I blasted there souls out of there little bodies with insecticidal soap, probably going to pick up some Bonide tomorrow or something for them.

Also are they in soil? Because my plants have been inside for four days now. Never seen them before.

And there was only at most 10 on and around the plant so :(

^ What most likely happened was there were aphids on the plants outside but the ladybug or lacewing larvae (or adults) were eating the aphids fast enough you didn't see many or any when the plant came inside, but there were eggs on the plant leaves that have now hatched.

THAT'S what those are?!?! i've always wondered... they jump all over me while i'm gardening and i try to brush them off but they get smooshed a lot of times
... now i know to be WAY more careful

Yes I hadn't noticed the difference in the OP pic until I took this pic. I definitely have lady bugs. I haven't seen lacewings but it is funny the babies look so much alike. I am looking forward to seeing their progress on the aphids tomorrow.

Back