• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Any idea what is wrong with this seedling?

Hi all, anybody have an idea what is wrong with this seedling? It's a Sandia. Been watered twice a week, 1/2 strength fish fert applied twice, under T5 flouros. I have a few others that look like this too, but this one's the worst. Thanks.

005-10.jpg

004-7.jpg

003-9.jpg

002-9.jpg

Looks to be a calcium deficiency. People use Cal/Mag or Bonemeal. Just do a forum search on leaf curling and there will be a plethora of information on this issue.

it looks to me like its soil mix is too moist and wet. check its drainage. looks like a wet feet symptoms.

i have a similar issue with my annum's this year.. but way earlier. top leafs are curling up.. and they re 3rd leaf sprouts.. so i feel your pain. Chinense are fine.. weird.

I had the same issue last year. My leaf curl was caused by the top of the young leaves being too close to the top of my grow light. They were curling away to protect themselves. I raised the light and the curling stopped. Are the tops of your leaves almost touching the top of your T5 flouros? Move some plants farther away from the light and see if the leaves stop curling after a week.

Thanks for the input, guys. I've taken a few plants with these problems, and isolated them to run experiments. I'm giving them a few days off from the strong T5 lights. I gave a couple epsom salt, and 1 got both epsom and blood meal. Hopefully, in 4-5 days it'll be better, and clear as to what the cause was. Tnx much.

Mine did this when I pulled the dome off. I replaced the dome and gradually vented it more and more until I could remove it. Never had trouble like that before so idk what the cause really was. Just my 2 cents.

I'm thinking either too bright (probably unlikely under T5s) or too hot. Is your moisture consistent? A shot of Mg might help it too.

I'm thinking either too bright (probably unlikely under T5s) or too hot. Is your moisture consistent? A shot of Mg might help it too.

I'm thinking that's it. I had a bank of 8 T5's about 3-4 inches over the plant tops. I think it was just too much for them, both the light and the heat. All my plants look stressed out, with taco-shaped leaves and other signs of stress. I backed the lights off to about 12 inches. I'm also adding low strength epsom salt and bone meal. Sadly, after 2 days of experimentation, I don't see any improvement yet, but hopefully it'll come in time. I think the moisture is pretty consistent and probably not the issue.

Will report back if/when I get some positive results.

Thanks

Back