• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

pod Any Idea what these Pods could be?? (Pics inside)

HI There, I was hoping someone could give me an answer as to what these pods could be?

2015-10-25%2010.28.19.jpg

2015-10-25%2010.28.45.jpg

Thanks,
PN

Thegreenchilemonster said:
Maybe they are some early funky looking pods. The first pods off of my Reaper plants looked nothing like a Reaper whatsoever, but the second wave of pods had the traditional Reaper shape with stingers and completely blistered out.
Here's hoping. When I called him he did mention something about possibly getting a batch crossed with a hab :D

so here's a bit of an update;

2015-11-14%2012.52.21.jpg

They Quite prolific when compared to the other two which seem to look more reaperlike:

2015-11-14%2012.51.28.jpg

Then a ebay special said to be Moruga:

2015-11-14%2012.50.46.jpg

What are the odds of this coming true?? Those symmetrical folds remind me a a bell pepper?? Have I been duped?

Thoughts?

Pixel_Ninja said:
so here's a bit of an update;

2015-11-14%2012.52.21.jpg

They Quite prolific when compared to the other two which seem to look more reaperlike:

2015-11-14%2012.51.28.jpg

Then a ebay special said to be Moruga:

2015-11-14%2012.50.46.jpg

What are the odds of this coming true?? Those symmetrical folds remind me a a bell pepper?? Have I been duped?

Thoughts?

The top ones do look more 'Reaper like' than 'Moruga like' ... the second photo, I hade Chocolate Habs that looked exactly the same, and a Pheno of Reaper that looked like that too.. Very symmetrical folds the length of the pod so who really knows...

In relation to the seller saying they could be mixed up with Habs... I obviously have no experience with this seller and could be legit, but that sounds like a general fluff story most of the fake sellers out there spruce to try and cover their ass...

Pixel_Ninja said:
Just to give you guys a bit of an update to this:

2015-12-09%2017.40.18.jpg

Seems to be a regular hab then? 

Could be an Antillais Carribean Habanero, they are known to turn orange and then red in color progression.  Its a mild habanero, 200k scoville and a very good, mild taste.   THey tend to get different shapes due to growing conditions and such. 

If that is what you have its a very tasty and mild habanero. 

If they turn out to be habs man dont worry, other the fact that they are a very versatile pepper used for cooking and powders, they are still great to grow and can be pretty easily grown indoors if you want peppers all year long. But if you happened to purchase them from ebay or amazon theres a good chance you've gotten duped. Has happened to most of the THP members at one point or another so dont feel so bad.

Back