• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health Any idea what's wrong with my chilli plants? Need help please!!!

So this year I decided to grow from seed for the first all. All seemed to be going swimmingly until I started to notice some odd patches on some of the leaves, almost as if the top layer has been wiped off, but only on patches.
I've checked books and the Internet but cannot find anything about this.
It's happened to my bhut jolokia and Carolina reaper, which account for 4 plants in 3 pots, but only 3 of those plants have been affected. This is out of a total of 12 pots. All have been treated identically, kept warm overnight and in a bright spot by day, watered at the first sign of drooping and fed with chilli focus once a week.
Anyone have any ideas on what's going on here?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Flickr link below with a photo...
https://flic.kr/p/F8xVbP

Possibly magnesium deficiency ... magnesium is essential in assisting good healthy leaf tissue especially the veins which in turn helps photosynthesis ... what makes me suspect this is that the problem starts from the leaf tips moving inwards ... good old Epsom salts two teaspoons per litre will help ... Chilli focus should be well balanced although too much potassium will stop magnesium

Hope this is of help either way as the plant grows the affected leaf will probably fall off not to the detriment of the plant

I'm no expert on this and I hope that's not it but it looks like some photos that I've seen of mosaic virus.

PokPok said:
I'm no expert on this and I hope that's not it but it looks like some photos that I've seen of mosaic virus.
Ooo... Good shout. I've had a look online but it looks different. I've tried Epsom salts and will see what happens from here, but I'll keep an eye on them to see if it develops anymore. Thanks for the suggestion!

Back