• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Any ideas what this is?

Hi guys and galls , can any of you gurus tell me what this is , it doesnt look like mite eggs of any sort, it looks like its the cell walls of the leaf, like some sort of salt build up. i have no idea what it is and was wondering if anyone could tell me , the plants dont look sick in any way and no bugs or nastys crawling over the plants.

Its not the best pic but with out a macro lens its the best i could take .

IMG_8344.jpg

IMG_8340.jpg

Edema. The leaves are taking too much water in. Cut back on the watering and it should resolve itself.
Edema. The leaves are taking too much water in. Cut back on the watering and it should resolve itself.
Thanks mate , so you dont think its harmfull in any way?i have never seen this before. it kinda looks like some sort of calcium build up.

Well if your not sure ask the gurus on the hot pepper, thanks Compmodder26, i googled edema and found this , looks exactly like it .

http://www.hydrorush.com/day-26-edema-alert/

If left unchecked, the cell walls can rupture and the leaf will die and fall off. So if it gets too bad then sure, it can be harmful to the plant.

Back