• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Any market for used grow light setup?

I wanted to know if there is any market for used grow light setups.  I bought thishttp://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005DO30MI/ref=oh_details_o01_s01_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Ipower kit with plans to use it this winter, but the shed I was going to use it in got too cold at night.  I didn't know if growers tend to stay away from this kind of stuff when it's "used".  The bulbs only have a couple of hours on them but of course anyone can say that.  I just wanted some opinions on if this is worth trying to sell or not.  And if it is, what should I expect to get back out of it?  

I am unable to help you with a selling value or asking price. Anything is able to be sold when there is a buyer. Listing it in the forum ads may be a good start. Bear in mind that shipping will be a pretty penny, so take pictures and a detailed description, then pack it up and get an UPS quote of weight and an estimated US shipping quote, or wherever you are willing to ship it to. If no takers after a few weeks, put it on craigslist. Plenty of weed heads there that are probably looking for grow equipment.

+1 on craigslist, execpt I would probably go that route first. Check your local craigslist there will already be listings for this kinda stuff to give you an idea on what to ask for it

Ever been to a yard sale? Stick those lights on the saw-horse table right between your uncle's 45 year old bowling ball, the coffee maker with no carafe and that Betamax player you've been wanting to get rid of. My money says your lights will go first. :lol:

I recently got a thousand watt magnetic hydrofarm with hood, bulbs and hydro setup for 80. I think cops were on to their little operation tho. Haha.. Any how I'd go with craigs list or garage sale. Someone will buy it if the price is right. How much you thinking? lol..

Back