Any reason this will not work

Sizzle Lips

eXtreme
Is there any reason that rockwool would not work as a medium for recycling Aero Garden pods......it only takes one cube and a bit of snipping with a sharp blade.

IMG_2733.JPG

IMG_2739.JPG

OCD Chilehead said:
Should work great. I would pre soak it in some water first. Let us know how it goes, I wanted to do the same.

I pulled out my Herb garden two days ago....I only grew it because it came with the unit.I want something that I will use more and worth my time......I had one pod with aero gardens medium and put a couple of Tumbling Tom Cherry tomato seeds in it,I will keep the strongest........I also used two other pods with the rock wool inserts....one has Cumari Do Para and the other has Aji Charapita.......i will only have two pods in the nine cell garden....the Cherry tomato and which ever pepper comes first....no reason why the rock wool should not work.

great idea! should work fine, keep the rock wool loose though. roots are tender so don't want to smother them.

Sorry to hijack your topic, but are you going to use the nutriment that came with the aerogarden or something else?

Thanks!!!

(for info, I got one for christmas (7-pod), and I put a Reaper in it from seed with the aerogarden nutrients... it grew well, but the leaves seems to be screeming for help...)

Johnny101 said:
Sorry to hijack your topic, but are you going to use the nutriment that came with the aerogarden or something else?

Thanks!!!

(for info, I got one for christmas (7-pod), and I put a Reaper in it from seed with the aerogarden nutrients... it grew well, but the leaves seems to be screeming for help...)

Aero garden sells what they call a salsa kit which is a cherry tomato and jalapeno....they recommend just three plants when doing this.....I have planted a cherry tomato in one pod with their medium and i have two peppers in rockwool pods...Cumari do para and Aji Charapita...i will use the pepper that comes up first..if that happens.
I started with the quick plant set to Tomato........in germination mode lights are on 15 hours and pump come on twice a day for an hour........If i see the plants struggling I will use my GH Flora Series nutrients.......its all experimental.

Sizzle Lips said:

Aero garden sells what they call a salsa kit which is a cherry tomato and jalapeno....they recommend just three plants when doing this.....I have planted a cherry tomato in one pod with their medium and i have two peppers in rockwool pods...Cumari do para and Aji Charapita...i will use the pepper that comes up first..if that happens.
I started with the quick plant set to Tomato........in germination mode lights are on 15 hours and pump come on twice a day for an hour........If i see the plants struggling I will use my GH Flora Series nutrients.......its all experimental.

Yeah experimenting here too... If it can be of any help, here's what I did:

from seed, carolina reaper planted from seed (the have a kit that contains some 20+ empty pods with the growing medium in it, but your rockwool should do the same).  I used tomato/pepper setting too, and nutrient as instructed (8ml at beginning, then 8ml every 2 week).  Here's what it looks like after 42 days:

Leaves have some spot, yellowing and curling.

I'll try to transfer this one to soil, ditch the basil and cilantro, and start from scratch with a fatalii, a trinidad scorpion sweet and a charapita.  I wont put any nutrient until sign of the true leaf to see if that was my error.

Back