event Any tips for a new exhibitor?

Hey guys,

I'm thinking about attending the WOF as an exhibitor and was wondering if any of you that have done this before can pass on some valuable advise. What to/not do. What to bring. etc. Thanks.

We've done the show for the last couple of years. It's a good show, with a lot of good people. You can't beat it for the booth price either.

Tips? Don't overpack, and drink plenty of fluids.

Speaking as a consumer, I would like to see a kick-ass booth with plenty of products for sale, and samples of the products. If you have foods that go good with the products, even better.

You may want to make sure you have a laptop with internet access, and forms for people to sign up to your mailing list.

A bonus would be free t-shirts (to select winners) and free stickers for all.

thehotpepper.com said:
Speaking as a consumer, I would like to see a kick-ass booth with plenty of products for sale, and samples of the products. If you have foods that go good with the products, even better.

You may want to make sure you have a laptop with internet access, and forms for people to sign up to your mailing list.

A bonus would be free t-shirts (to select winners) and free stickers for all.

Yes, samples are very imortant when it comes to a show!!! Even if it's just a drop on a sample plastic spoon.

Also, keep in mind if you feed a review (me) a beer, you'll get a bigger mention in their review of the event :hell: :lol:

Keep it Cajun.

Get some andouille sausage, slice it up, stick toothpicks in them, and pour a dab of Cajun Heat on top.

For the dry spice, have a crock pot of chili or gumbo and little sample cups.

Just ideas.

I was actually thinking about a big-ass pot of jambalaya. Guess, I better start working on some shirts and stickers.

cajunheat said:
I was actually thinking about a big-ass pot of jambalaya. Guess, I better start working on some shirts and stickers.

You can even go small scale too. Last year Intensity Accadimy had these really cool Carrot shapped stress relievers and key chains....they also had a t-shirt as well.

cajunheat said:

Hmmmmmmmm I was kinda leaning toward brass poles with scantly dressed women......oh wait that would be exhibitionist not exhibitor.... :lol: lol

If you are thinking about actually cooking inside the booth, there are a bunch of rules you have to follow. It's not as easy as just plugging in a crock pot. Contact Jungle Jim's for the specifics.

DEFCON Creator said:
If you are thinking about actually cooking inside the booth, there are a bunch of rules you have to follow. It's not as easy as just plugging in a crock pot. Contact Jungle Jim's for the specifics.

I see they have kitchen space that can be rented. I wouldn't want to do any cooking in the booth itself.

Any rules against hot sauce body shots? Now that would attract a crowd!

Hmmmm, body shots with capsaicin.........

I see you're from Stephens City. We're in the Winchester area twice a year for the N-SSA Civil War shoot at Fort Shenandoah. Nothin' like 14,000+ people with guns! My kind of hang out!

DEFCON Creator said:
Hmmmm, body shots with capsaicin.........

I see you're from Stephens City. We're in the Winchester area twice a year for the N-SSA Civil War shoot at Fort Shenandoah. Nothin' like 14,000+ people with guns! My kind of hang out!

I don't think the South used DEFCON bombs back then, but I may be wrong.

Now that would be cool, a grenade pack with killer hot sauce. I may have to create something for my next paint ball outing.

Back