• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Any Tomatoville Members?

Nulle said:
There are many peppers that I've never heard of and the same with the tomatoes ;) . It's quite a list you've got :P

Good luck with your grow and btw: what is TV (I presume it's not the square thingy I'm looking at every night?)

Edit: I guess I'm being slow today. TV must be Tomatoville, right?
Yes - TV = Tomatoville - sorry.   

My goal is to bag blossoms, and I will share seeds in the fall.

Chewi said:

Ok I should have figured it was an heirloom from the Ozarks!!

I just registered there since I'm attempting to grow maters this year. That place looks like it was designed by a 12 year old girl from Duluth but I'm sure there is a lot of good info there.

No Kidding about the websites design seems the project has overwhelmed the creator.   I read a lot since apparently my approval process is taking awhile.  
fiogga said:
Hi Martin,

I'm an avid Tomatoville member and tomato grower. I planted over 200 varieties this year. I grew Frank and Mark's Bumblebees last season and am growing the Tiger series this season, big fan of Artisan tomatoes. It looks like they are producing some hybrids? If you haven't done so already, check out Frogsleap Farm. I just received some tomato seeds from Russia that resemble the Tiger series can't read the names, they are hybrids, only received 4 seeds each. I'll send photos to Frank if they germinate and prosper. I like peppers but tomatoes are my passion.
Hello Flogga

Fred Hempel mentioned Frogs Leap Farm in his presentation, and I completely forgot to check them out.  So thank you for reminding me of the followup.  I checked out their blog and Facebook account and saw several friends were also following them also.   Their stuff looks really nice.  DO they sell seeds?  

Have been a member of Tville for many years and love their seed exchange. For 2014 tomatoes, we've planted:
[SIZE=12pt]1. Abe Lincoln                                                                                     [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]2. Big Rainbow                                                                       [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]3. Carbon                                [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]4. Delicious                             [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]5. Dester                                 [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]6. German Johnson                [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]7. Hssiao His Hung Shih                 [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]8. Italian Super Paste [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]9. Lil’s Favorite                       [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]10. Mortgage Lifter                [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]11. Neves Azorean                 [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]12. Orange Balls (donor name)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]13. Pink Ping Pong                 [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]14. Pink Sweet                       [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]15. Purple Dog Creek             [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]16. Reif Red Heart                  [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]17. Roma Grande                   [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]18. Rozovyi gigant                                          [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]19. San Marzano                    [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]20. Santa F2 (grape)               [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]21. Stump of the World         [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]22. TAMI grape                       [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]23. Thessaloniki[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]24. Wes (heart)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I only plan on 20 varieties in my garden(s), but may be connived into growing one plant of a few others.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]We love to use hot peppers in cooking, but eat and share many more tomatoes.[/SIZE]

Chewi said:

That place looks like it was designed by a 12 year old girl from Duluth but I'm sure there is a lot of good info there.

Yeah, but you're not going find any advertising on the site, the owner pays for the forum out of his own pocket. And, yes you'll find a lot of great info there. For those not familiar with the forum, you'll find authors, soon to be authors, well known amateur hybridizers and professional hybridizers. If people want to be a smartas* they will be banned.

XLNT said:
 I read a lot since apparently my approval process is taking awhile.  

Unfortunately, I've heard the owner may be ill, hopefully not seriously, so it may take a few days to get approved.

Oh, and yes, I've been a member for a lot of years and the folks there are as generous as they are here when it comes to trades or requests.

Hey Martin,

Mark the owner of Frogsleap and Fred, called him Frank earlier by mistake, are partners in Artisan. To my knowledge Frogsleap doesn't sell seeds. Mark is a genius breeder as is Fred. The two of them together is pretty amazing. I believe Frogsleap is where Mark grows out and manufactures his stunning creations. Their blog is great, need to go check it out myself, haven't been there in awhile. You are lucky to be near Fred, he will probably be selling their new creations at his farm. Purple Bumblebee is a fabulous tomato, along with all the other Bumblebees. Blush is a great one Fred bred, I'm excited about the Tigers. These guys are serious about their work, the tomatoes I've grown are disease free, productive, and delicious!

I just logged in to TV.
I have never been banned from there.

Why do you ask, some kind of internet narc?

Currently Active Users: 88 (28 members and 60 guests) lol so sad

neoguy said:

Are you one of the banned? Posting under another screen name?
Chewi said:

That place looks like it was designed by a 12 year old girl from Duluth

lol, thats Mischka, nailed it

Nope, not an internet nacrc, sncarc or whatevere you want to call it.

You're first comment about T'ville left me thinking. Perhaps you should go back to "GardenWeb".

I don't think we'll miss you here.

I just checked and I have been a member there since 2008.

Once I put this picture up there...

Ywb2LiD.jpg

I think this is my favorite quote ever.

neoguy said:

I don't think.

I agree.

WOW, you can edit! 

DON'T EVER QOUTE ME AND EDIT MY COPY!!!

You must be a young kid, if so, so sorry, you have a lot to learn.

Pro-tip: forum webmasters generally frown upon promoting other websites on their site, especially when the one you do it on has a forum that covers said subject.

neoguy said:
 you can

EDIT MY COPY!!!

Ok.

Sorry to the OP. We went off track. 
mx5inpa said:
Pro-tip: forum webmasters generally frown upon promoting other websites on their site, especially when the one you do it on has a forum that covers said subject.

Ok.

mx5inpa said:

Ok.

Nope you're full of bullshit.

fiogga said:
Hey Martin,

Mark the owner of Frogsleap and Fred, called him Frank earlier by mistake, are partners in Artisan. To my knowledge Frogsleap doesn't sell seeds. Mark is a genius breeder as is Fred. The two of them together is pretty amazing. I believe Frogsleap is where Mark grows out and manufactures his stunning creations. Their blog is great, need to go check it out myself, haven't been there in awhile. You are lucky to be near Fred, he will probably be selling their new creations at his farm. Purple Bumblebee is a fabulous tomato, along with all the other Bumblebees. Blush is a great one Fred bred, I'm excited about the Tigers. These guys are serious about their work, the tomatoes I've grown are disease free, productive, and delicious!

Well as of a couple of weeks ago (as I understand it) that Fred and Mark decided that each would go their own respective way.  Fred was very complementary of Mark, (I just did not make the connection earlier).  I believe after talking with Fred, that he intends to push his relationship with Johnnys into more products he is working on a pepper (That I picked ups plant) and a 3 lobed squash and some Ethiopian "Heritage" Kale - if I remember correctly .  Anyway, I think he is also helping other seed breeders market their seeds through Johnnys.  
catherinew said:
Have been a member of Tville for many years and love their seed exchange. For 2014 tomatoes, we've planted:
[SIZE=12pt]1. Abe Lincoln                                                                                     [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]2. Big Rainbow                                                                       [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]3. Carbon                                [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]4. Delicious                             [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]5. Dester                                 [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]6. German Johnson                [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]7. Hssiao His Hung Shih                 [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]8. Italian Super Paste [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]9. Lil’s Favorite                       [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]10. Mortgage Lifter                [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]11. Neves Azorean                 [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]12. Orange Balls (donor name)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]13. Pink Ping Pong                 [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]14. Pink Sweet                       [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]15. Purple Dog Creek             [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]16. Reif Red Heart                  [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]17. Roma Grande                   [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]18. Rozovyi gigant                                          [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]19. San Marzano                    [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]20. Santa F2 (grape)               [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]21. Stump of the World         [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]22. TAMI grape                       [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]23. Thessaloniki[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]24. Wes (heart)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I only plan on 20 varieties in my garden(s), but may be connived into growing one plant of a few others.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]We love to use hot peppers in cooking, but eat and share many more tomatoes.[/SIZE]
Wow nice grow- I would love to get in on the seed exchange-  For some reason still can't get approved, to post or email.  

I guess will have to start a seed exchange over here with both "Tom's & Pep's

Martin
neoguy said:

Yeah, but you're not going find any advertising on the site, the owner pays for the forum out of his own pocket. And, yes you'll find a lot of great info there. For those not familiar with the forum, you'll find authors, soon to be authors, well known amateur hybridizers and professional hybridizers. If people want to be a smartas* they will be banned.

Unfortunately, I've heard the owner may be ill, hopefully not seriously, so it may take a few days to get approved.

Oh, and yes, I've been a member for a lot of years and the folks there are as generous as they are here when it comes to trades or requests.

Thanks for the update on Mischka -  I am guessing he is the owner.    Never dawned on me about the ads and I just went back and checked great idea keeping it free with no pop ups.  Anyway  I am looking forward to also sharing some ideas with some of the people over there.  I am impressed with some of the knowledge on breeding a lot of people have.  

mx5inpa said:
Tomatoville would be more aptly named "Gardenweb Rejects"

mx5inpa said:
I just logged in to TV.
I have never been banned from there.

Why do you ask, some kind of internet narc?

Currently Active Users: 88 (28 members and 60 guests) lol so sad

lol, thats Mischka, nailed it

You obviously have some kind of beef with TV, and your feelings are hurt. Maybe you should start making theatrical youtube videos about it. ;)

mx5inpa said:
I just checked and I have been a member there since 2008.

What is your username there? Just curious...

I'm a member.  Read lots of good info from T'ville.  I am growing Sunrise Bumble Bee from Artisian Seeds.  I grew Pink Bumble Bee last year.

Sad to hear about Mark and Fred splitting, wonder what Mark's plans are? Both of them are so very gifted at what they do, hope they continue breeding tomatoes!

Back