• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Anybody else get seeds from asias garden?

I have to say, these have all been amazingly the fastest of everything I've sown this year to germinate. Only wish I had gotten them about two months ago...

7 Pot - 6 days
Bhut Jolokia Chocolate - 9 days
Bhut Jolokia Red - 9 days
Bhut Jolokia Yellow - 6 days
Naga Morich - 7 days
Trinidad Scorpion - 6 days

So much for that whole "may take over 30 days to germinate these seeds" thing!

Anybody else have such quick success with these seeds?

I got the Yellow Bhut from him back in November. It took about a week and plants seem to be growing well. We'll see if it comes true.

jacob

Please let us know if the plants grow true. I am always very suspicious of e-bayers selling unproven seed stock, especially when they keep changing their stories:(
It says on the e-bay site that he isolates and saves all his own seeds but he's posted here that he never grew the yellow or chocolate bhuts, he was actually looking for those seeds here not too long ago for "personal use" LOL Actually that could have been another e-bayer:(

Mine germinated extremely quickly, but are not yellow bhuts like they were labeled.They are red and they look like bhuts but are milder than my plain orange habs. I planted 5 seeds and this was the result on 4 of the 5 that gerimnated while the other has never gotten more than 3in tall.

rds040800 said:
Mine germinated extremely quickly, but are not yellow bhuts like they were labeled.They are red and they look like bhuts but are milder than my plain orange habs. I planted 5 seeds and this was the result on 4 of the 5 that gerimnated while the other has never gotten more than 3in tall.

Thanks for the report. This is the reason I don't buy seeds on Ebay.

Alan

Mister_Al said:
Thanks for the report. This is the reason I don't buy seeds on Ebay.

Alan

I am still waiting to see if anyone gets any yellows from them, or even chocolates as I know some people bought those also.

Strange how the chocolate bhuts are now said to be "a certified Bhut Jolokia strain from India" I'd like to see this certificate.
"You won't notice a difference. It also has the same strong fruity aroma and flavor" but its a different color so its almost guaranteed to have a different flavor. Sounds to me like marketing skills being well used:(

And my favorite part of the ads for the chocolate bhuts............This chile crossed with another local Indian chile that is equal in the level of heat. If it is crossed, then it is not a bhut anymore, so how can it be certified. And there has alsways been a noticable difference in taste between regular and chocolate varieties of peppers to me.

And when did this cross happen. Nobody has ever heard of these before last year which definitely does not leave enough time to stabilize a cross.
I recommend to anyone who has bough from this or any other e-baye seller to wait a few months before entering e-bay feedback. Most people reply positively once they get quick seed delivery and germination, wait to see if the plants grow true!!

POTAWIE said:
Strange how the chocolate bhuts are now said to be "a certified Bhut Jolokia strain from India" I'd like to see this certificate.
"You won't notice a difference. It also has the same strong fruity aroma and flavor" but its a different color so its almost guaranteed to have a different flavor. Sounds to me like marketing skills being well used:(

I would definatly have to agree with that. My Chocolate Habs taste totally different than orange habs or yellow scotch bonnets.

POTAWIE said:
I recommend to anyone who has bough from this or any other e-baye seller to wait a few months before entering e-bay feedback. Most people reply positively once they get quick seed delivery and germination, wait to see if the plants grow true!!

The problem is that by the time you get them to ripen, its too late to leave feed back. All I have to say is lesson learned.

FadeToBlack said:
I would definatly have to agree with that. My Chocolate Habs taste totally different than orange habs or yellow scotch bonnets.

Ya the colors make a difference but those you mentioned are all totally different C. chinenses. Orange habs are real habaneros from Mexico, Chocolate habs are really probably congo blacks, and yellow Scotch bonnets are Jamaican or at least Caribbean

rds040800 said:

Cyber sex and seeds bought on e-bay, are mostly meant to cheat you.

It is all feedback that they recieved them in the mail, basically the only feedback that can be given on seeds. Reimers has good feedback on ebay, so anyone can with seeds.

rds040800 said:
The problem is that by the time you get them to ripen, its too late to leave feed back. All I have to say is lesson learned.

Is that how it works. I guess that would explain why all the seed scammers always seem to have a lot of positive feedback

I would like to mention I have bought several varieties from www.seedrack.com including Bhut Jolokia.
I have about 15 bhut jolokia seedlings about 12" tall right now, im really hoping they are true because i have put alot of effort and expense into them.
My chocolate habs and white bullets habs were true from them, can only hope the same with the bhuts.

Back