• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Anybody else growing cannabis?

Uncle Eckley

Extreme Member
We've had legal homegrow in Virginia since the summer and I've been having a blast. I run a little 36x20x63 tent and have been able to provide a modest abundance for myself and some family. Just switched from a three-plant staggered autoflower cycle with individual reservoirs to one big reservoir so I can run autos or photos.
Anybody else post your rig?

20211222_210225.jpg

Last edited:
Wow I just found this thread, this is awesome!?! Boss wasn't too stoked on these type of threads when I first got here. Nice to see him coming around. Who knows, he turned vegan, maybe he puffs now?? lol. I've been in the NorCal grow scene since the mid 80's. I'll have to try and figure out how to post pics again and show some of my breeding work here. I'll be crossing a Afghani landrace from the Andarab district to a African landrace Swazi this season. Among a few other crosses but that's the one I'm most excited about. Cheers to the heads of The Hot Pepper!!

I didn't get anything like that last time I grew out one of these. Great flavor, but no crazy color show like that. The thing branched like crazy and never really put on much mass. I got around four ounces of plenty usable flower from it, but they weren't nugs I'd try to sell (not that I'd try to sell any).

Well hell, I'm in CO now, I should be, right?

Thing is, I can't smoke the stuff (farmers lung). You guys do gummies or chocos or some recipe to make it worth my while?
I make my own gummies all the time, recipe below:

Weed gummie recipe using tincture
1/4 cup room temp. Water

1/2 cup ice water(for blooming the gelatine)

1 tsp citric acid(more or less depending on the sourness you’d like)

1/2 tsp guar gum(don’t skip this!)

1/4 cup light corn syrup

4 packs of Knox unflavoured gelatine

I package of jello

1 tsp or three, 1/2 droppers of Lorann’s flavouring

1/4 oz of cannabis tincture

Add all of the gelatine to the ice water and stir to combine. Place in the refrigerator until needed
  1. Take a heavy bottom pot and add in the corn syrup, room temperature water, jello and stir to combine. Turn on heat to low and heat until all of the sugar has dissolved.
  2. Take the bloomed gelatine, cut into smaller chunks and add to the pot. Stir until all of the gelatine has dissolved.
  3. Now you can add 5 drops of your flavouring, your cannabis tincture, citric acid and guar gum. Stirring after each addition and make sure everything is combined.
  4. Dispense liquid into moulds and wait for them to set up(approximately one hour, you can speed this up by placing in the refrigerator or freezer)
  5. After the gummies set turn them out on a drying rack which has parchment paper on it and let them dry for at least 24 hours.
  6. Enjoy!
For the Tincture I purchase Everclear, put about a half ounce of ground up and decarboxylated cannabis into a mason jar, fill the mason jar with the Everclear so it covers the cannabis and shake it up well. Put it in the freezer for a week or two and shake it vigorously twice per day.

At the end of the week or two, take it out and strain it through a coffee filter.
After that I take the jar of infused Everclear, a hot plate and a pot of water outside(do this because the fumes are strong and could cause an explosion or fire inside the house).
Put the jar, without a lid, into the pot of water, medium heat, and cook off some of the alcohol to reduce the tincture to the consistency you would like.

If you have any questions just message me, I’d be happy to help.

Back