• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Anybody getting caramel Brain Strains?

yeah man no worries, I know peppers do wild things.

I have a GSR7P that I kid you not has put out a shape exactly like a bhut, moruga, pot, and this year (year 2) have some nasty thin stingers on em'

cycadjungle said:
Yea they do, but all these come directly from Cappy, the originator of the Brain Strain. All brain strain peppers don't have brains, and when you taste them, they are obvious they are not Morugas. To us at hot pepper night, the BS tastes about 20% hotter than my Morugas and taste WAY better. Until the Primos and the reapers showed up, the red BS was our benchmark for the hottest, best tasting pepper. Tom

to that I have seeds also from last years large field of chocolate brainstrains growing so once they get some color to them I will post it

We tried the brain strains last night. We had 7 people who sampled the peppers.
I have never tasted a pepper just like this, but I haven't tasted any caramel pepper before to compare with. It was more of a mellow heat. It had about a 15 second delay and then the burn built from then. The burn seemed to target the tongue in particular, and everyone complained of the same affect. It lasted a while, but slacked off faster than the other two.
The taste was sort of subtle, but when I asked, what are you tasting, 3 people at the same time said "oranges". It wasn't anything like the orange taste you might get with the orange Copenhagen, or Tony's orange Carbanero, it was just a slight indication of orange. Remember when the 7 pot burgundy came out and we were promised these subtle tastes? It was like that.
This may be one of the better tasting supers I am growing, and they produce very well. I can't wait to make some powder with this. I have 14 peppers ready right now. They should be enough to make enough to get a good taste. I'm going to plant out some of the seedsvto see what I get, but I think I will do the cuttings to get more of the exact same plant.
I'm still amazed nobody got any of these. I just found a third caramel plant today. Tom

Back