• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Anyone bringing in their plants from outdoors?

just keeping 1,   inside a reaper , it"ll  sit in a big bay window facing south in the kitchen . its been in a month and giving me tiny winter pods already ,
IMG_0959.JPG

heres the winter pods i'm  getting ,
IMG_0962.JPG

heres what the pods looked like  during the summer ,
IMG_0934-2.JPG

I live in Florida so maybe. We have erratic weather. I'm thinking bring them in at night and back out in the morning and the ones in the ground I just drape with a sheet and add some Christmas lights or something for a small amount of heat.

Just brought these Reapers in tonight.  Sprayed down yesterday with Bonide Fruit and Tomato spray to try to get a head start on any bugs(I havent seen a single bug on them outdoors) and just before I brought them in I doused the base and the top of the soil again and plan to watch them fairly closely.  Got a big catch pan coming from Amazon to catch any water drippings.  I think its 54x18x5.  Its used for changing oil on big rigs or something like that.  Re-potted last week into 7 gallon rubbermaid trash cans as they take up less sq. ft. than a 5 gallon bucket(I had them in ~1 gallon pots).

Going to give them 12 hours of light at first and see how they react and then work my way up.  Got a small fan in the back left corner(out of sight) that is also on the light timer so it will run when the lights are on.  I need to slide the light slightly to the left to center it, but I am going to wait until I get my catch pan on Friday to reposition everything.

Back