• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Anyone else in Florida loving this weather?

My plants have been taking a shower for 5 days straight now, and looks like alot more days to come.. Only positive is a 30 gallon bucket collecting rain water for my next tea batch.. But i dont think they will want to see water for about 2 weeks after this. Anybody know how long it takes for your plants to start to develop root rot?

Thanks

This weather is kickass for plants. I'm kinda kicking myself because I have some Carolina Reapers that have their 2nd set of true leaves coming in, and some 7 gallon pots, but haven't had a chance to take them outside yet. Though to be fair, my apartment complex frowns on us having plants outside our door, claiming it's a fire hazard because it blocks the paths out...

elcap1999 said:
This weather is kickass for plants. I'm kinda kicking myself because I have some Carolina Reapers that have their 2nd set of true leaves coming in, and some 7 gallon pots, but haven't had a chance to take them outside yet. Though to be fair, my apartment complex frowns on us having plants outside our door, claiming it's a fire hazard because it blocks the paths out...
 Really??? it hasnt stopped raining for 5 days, I thought it was bad to overwater your plants?? I know the rain water is good for them but days of non stop watering is kickass?

There is some sort of rain void or something where I live. A week of forecast rain and it drizzled once the other day.

Seriously, I constantly watch rain systems head straight towards me, break up as they approach, and then re-gather organziation as it passes over.

It hardly ever rains here these days I have noticed. Every single town in a 360 degree radius will get poured on, but not us.

I have been watering by hand every single day because it never rains anything substantial.

heatofmiami said:
 Really??? it hasnt stopped raining for 5 days, I thought it was bad to overwater your plants?? I know the rain water is good for them but days of non stop watering is kickass?

Up until this afternoon, the rain hasn't been that bad at all in my area, and my part of Hollywood is notorious for flooding at the slightest rain storm, so the plants here have been loving it.

HigherThisHeat said:
There is some sort of rain void or something where I live. A week of forecast rain and it drizzled once the other day.

Seriously, I constantly watch rain systems head straight towards me, break up as they approach, and then re-gather organziation as it passes over.

It hardly ever rains here these days I have noticed. Every single town in a 360 degree radius will get poured on, but not us.

I have been watering by hand every single day because it never rains anything substantial.
We use to call that the Hoosier Dome affect here back in the day.

Here in WPB we are finally getting some sun after about 2 days but it's been off and on rain. Ive got a 55 gal barrel, 8-9 5gal HD buckets and some other misc. buckets around collecting water. The 55 has a spout on the bottom and I've been letting the water run into the pool instead of overflowing on the pool deck. Plants are lovin it, (peppers, tomatoes, onions, strawberries). They get alot of breeze where they are so I get about 2-3 days before I need to water them again after the deluge.

Angie

I've left a 3.5 gallon bucket outside and it only filled about 20% since Monday, it's been raining often but not a lot.

plants have been doing really good cause of that, they only had cotyledons at the start of the week now they're starting their second set of true leaves

shouldn't be a problem even if it's a downpour if you have good drainage

Mine got mushrooms in them. not the good kind though  :rolleyes:
Jdee
This is from last week but got more today...
mush.jpg

Back