• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Anyone ever had this or have been to this place?

Yes. I succeeded. The curry is not all that hot.

thehotpepper.com said:
Yes. I succeeded. The curry is not all that hot.

The hottest meal I ever had was at an Indian joint in cleveland. It was in 97 and was 1/4 mile away from where I lived. The first time I went in I said extra hot. It did not even rank, the second time I said you have to make it much hotter. It barely ranked. The third time he brought it out and had me taste and said I can make it hotter, he went back and came out. He had to do it one more time and it was to my liking. He said, every year we get someone from texas who thinks they can handle hot and then cannot eat it. After this the place delivered but one time I thought I was going to die. I miss getting food that hot, in NE OH and W PA you really have to search and then give the hot speech.

I want to go back though because I thought it was a great meal. Good for a chilihead. The challenge is good for the non-chiliheads I guess. I want to order it and eat it and not have people giving looks, and asking if it's hot lol.

thehotpepper.com said:
I want to go back though because I thought it was a great meal. Good for a chilihead. The challenge is good for the non-chiliheads I guess. I want to order it and eat it and not have people giving looks, and asking if it's hot lol.

Was the flavor good?

Yeah the phall was good. Not a smooth curry since it's made chilis, more of a chunky, hot curry with lots of different flavors from the different ones.

I will be going to cleveland this weekend (actually kent state to drink, but will go to cleveland for dinner) to some indian place. I will ask if they can make phall (and I will tell them, I will not send it back if it is too hot).

thehotpepper.com said:

You should open up a road side stand in NY and make that phal with ghost peppers, maybe that man vs food jackoff will take notice.

ipreferamediumroast said:
maybe that man vs food jackoff will take notice.
ahh man thats a little harsh , Adams cool he doesnt claim to be able to eat "anything" he likes spice and he likes to eat, (sometimes its WIN sometimes its FAIL) he basically does the challenges to see if he can , he states that hes no pro eater etc.. and I have never seen him act act like a jackoff. I salute the guy for figuring out how to get paid to do something we all love to do anyway and thats eat some heat :D
think about how awesome work meetings would be like this "ok people we have to focus on this... where and what do we want to go eat for lunch today?...." lol

WickedMojo said:
ahh man thats a little harsh , Adams cool he doesnt claim to be able to eat "anything" he likes spice and he likes to eat, (sometimes its WIN sometimes its FAIL) he basically does the challenges to see if he can , he states that hes no pro eater etc.. and I have never seen him act act like a jackoff. I salute the guy for figuring out how to get paid to do something we all love to do anyway and thats eat some heat :D
think about how awesome work meetings would be like this "ok people we have to focus on this... where and what do we want to go eat for lunch today?...." lol

OK, My bad! However, I always wonder about a show where the guy challenges himself to eat a 5 lb burger etc. I much rather prefer Anthony Bourdain. I like Andrew Zimmern also, but I am curious why he does not drink alcohol?

ipreferamediumroast said:
OK, My bad! However, I always wonder about a show where the guy challenges himself to eat a 5 lb burger etc. I much rather prefer Anthony Bourdain. I like Andrew Zimmern also, but I am curious why he does not drink alcohol?

I love watching Bourdain and Zimmern as well they are both great but different type of show from MvF, each has its place imo, with man vs food its more of a look at what kind of outrageous foods and challenges that are out there, kinda just showing different flair from around the country, I like seeing all the different places that offer some sort of "challenge". for instance a friend from work recently went to texas for a visit and while there he tracked down that place that has the monster donuts, now if it wasnt for man vs food he would have known it exisited., but now he has a nice photo of himself munching on a gigantic glazed texas donut :D

as far as as Zimmern not drinking alcohol, Ive heard different rumors, but the one that I think is most feasible is that he is a recovering alcoholic, which if thats true then I can respect that and wont knock the guy about it. I can relate 'cause Im usually an alcoholic thats recovering most mornings myself hehe :)

my ultimate food show .. now dont go stealing my idea lol, would be a cross between dave atell's "Insomniac" and Diners, Dives and Drive-thrus, the concept would be to go bar hopping get trashed meet strange people take pictures etc.. and then go try and find some good grub at 3am lol

I can relate. There was an article on yahoo news about 5 yrs ago called " best junk food in america" . It was in Yale CT, the big daryl! Basically a tortilla stuffed with chicken fingers and mozzarella sticks. I think adding a spoonful of crushed habs would make that perfect!

Back