Anyone get blasted by storms Tuesday?

Just wondered if anyone had a stormy night. It was 96f with index of 105. Winds blasting 15 mph. Poor plants can't take much more when I see on radar this rogue storm that moved from Missouri to Birmingham in 5 hours. I was in the way. Snapped one of my bbg7s in half and others turned over. I think there were 60 mph burst with that freak storm. Anyone else get the nasty weather yesterday? I know Judy was in the way too. Any others?

Here in SC we had high winds and extreme down pours massive lightning was terrible second time in 10 days luckily all my plants have survived sorry to hear you lost a plant brother :( I ran string lines from the fencing around my raised bed in a box pattern two help support them during storms saved me twice now.

96strat said:
Just wondered if anyone had a stormy night. It was 96f with index of 105. Winds blasting 15 mph. Poor plants can't take much more when I see on radar this rogue storm that moved from Missouri to Birmingham in 5 hours. I was in the way. Snapped one of my bbg7s in half and others turned over. I think there were 60 mph burst with that freak storm. Anyone else get the nasty weather yesterday? I know Judy was in the way too. Any others?
that stinks bro !  after taking care of them all this time !  it hurts , i carried each and every container into the garage ! had to give up my half tho . put the truck under my dwarfed maple trees along the drive . their pretty thick ! it'll slow down hail . plus i have insurance i can replace the truck , to late for the plants tho  lol !   

Severe Lightning, Thunderstorms and heavy 70mph winds tore through Cincinnati Monday afternoon. I have 32 pepper plants. 22 of them Homer Buckets etc. Of the 22, I think ~14 ofthem were not only uprooted but their planters blown over. I spent that night and the next morning cutting & placing new bamboo stakes, cutting & tying training wire. Ugh

moruga welder said:
that stinks bro !  after taking care of them all this time !  it hurts , i carried each and every container into the garage ! had to give up my half tho . put the truck under my dwarfed maple trees along the drive . their pretty thick ! it'll slow down hail . plus i have insurance i can replace the truck , to late for the plants tho  lol !
Frank looks like it's going to hit you again today. Looks like 110f index heat 4 days to come. Too hot to do anything!!!

96strat said:
Frank looks like it's going to hit you again today. Looks like 110f index heat 4 days to come. Too hot to do anything!!!
hot and humid ! no good , sure beats that freezing winters tho . hopefully they don't drop any pods .    :onfire:

Back