• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

pests Anyone got a stinkbug solution in mind for this season?

I didn't know the difference, so I googled and found this:
bugs.png

This year we're getting green stinkbugs (so far). Previously I've only seen brown ones.

Down here in Florida I am being taken over by them. Every day I go out with my gloves and squash tons of them. Does not even put a dent on the population. Did you know a single stink bug can live 2 or 3 years. I now like the smell of dead stink bug. lOL Damn them :mad:

Down here in Florida I am being taken over by them. Every day I go out with my gloves and squash tons of them. Does not even put a dent on the population. Did you know a single stink bug can live 2 or 3 years. I now like the smell of dead stink bug. lOL Damn them :mad:
You might already know but that smell actually attracts more of them. In your case spraying insecticide sounds like it would be more effective and a lot less work.

Good luck either way with em.

These stinkbugs have showed up in Mississippi this year too, along with the brown stink bug, not very many green ones this year. The 2 week interval of spraying with neem on the interior of the plants with modified a spray wand (spray directed upward) has worked wonders on the tomato crop this season. Peppers are starting to come in and with very minimal stink bug
damage also.

peppuhs-01718.jpg

I'm getting a lot of these showing up in the last few days. Leaf-Footed Stink Bugs. I spent some time today chasing them around and smashing 'em.

Tigahb8 ... those are the brown marmorated stink bugs ... in the next three months ... they will exponentially increase in number ---

The Feds just gave Maryland and Virginia ... the use of a pesticide to save the apple crops up here ...

i get those brown marmorated stink bugs on just certain pepper plants!! seems as though they like the devils tongue and butch ts the best! in the research ive done the green stink bug is the juvenile BMSB!! They leave clusters of lil white egge on the underside of the leaves n the adults suck on the pepper pods!

Also look into Safari. It's a different chemical (Dinotofuran) that is also a neonicotinoid. It works faster than similar chemicals, and lasts just as long.

Back