• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

anyone grow pineapples?

I bought a little pineapple plant at wal-mart of all places a few days. It was so cool looking I had to buy it, even though I have no idea what to do with it. It's probably about 2 feet tall with a pineapple in the middle about the size of a baseball. The pot it came in is pretty small, probably less than a gallon. Not sure if I t should put it in a bigger pot, and what kind of medium to put it in. I don't know what it is in right now, but it's not typical potting soil. Anyone have any advice on these, feeding, watering, how long to maturity, etc? I live in Indiana so it's going to have to go indoors in a couple months, is window sill light sufficient? I'm getting a 600 watt light soon but I would rather keep it in my room for decoration if the light is sufficient.

I have a pineapple growing in the backyard. I just took the top part of it and trimmed the base to expose the middle part. i just buried buried it in the ground. its been there since march and new growth have developed.
Is you're medium retains moisture? ornamental pineapple plants being sold here are planted on pots with coco dust + sand as medium.

plant in straight coco coir if in the ground mix lots of coco in the dirt keep watered but not wet. have about 12 growing right now, some in the side yard and some in the back

I've tryed to grow some of the tops off of Pineapples but always got called away before got a plant that did not need to be babied. Leaving all the untough plants with people here paid to take care of them, has only got me dead plants. Pineapples are one of the Brom's I'd love to have, and think they grow great here.

Back