• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Anyone growing any large Cherry Bombs?

WOW I have several regular CB's growing but I was unaware of super/large cherry bomb. The largest I've seen with my plants is about the size of a 50 cent piece.

WOW I have several regular CB's growing but I was unaware of super/large cherry bomb. The largest I've seen with my plants is about the size of a 50 cent piece.

I grow several varieties of cherry bombs but these are the largest. These are "BIG BOMBS" from Reimer Seeds.
http://www.reimerseeds.com/big-bomb-hot-peppers.aspx
Very nice looking peppers. What is the plan for them? Poppers, stuffed, braised with pot roast, pickled or ?

All of the above plus they make a pretty good relish that I use on my hotdogs, etc.
I also dry them and make powder to add into cooked things.

Ok.  So today my wife texted me while I'm at work and says she picked me up some "cherry bombs" at the Farmer's Market.  Each Wednesday, she goes to the FM to buy eggs and bread.
She says she didn't know if I was growing them or not and if I was, she knew they weren't ripe yet.  If I wasn't, she said I could use the seeds.  Sweet on the outside, hot on the inside the guy told her.  She picked the ones with "stretch marks".  Great gal I have!

Anyway, she didn't know I had joined a conversation about Cherry Bombs! Crazy!! 

2wkhskkl.jpg

I saved seeds from some I scored at the grocery store. Great tasting peppers. on the grow list for next year for sure. 

I frequently get ones that big on my plants.  Kind of hard to see but in the upper left you can see some cherry bomb peppers on my plants.  In my opinion the perfect use for Cherry Bomb peppers is in homemade sriracha.  It makes the best flavored sauce.  I will throw a few ripe serranos in to bring the heat level up a bit but the cherry bombs are the base of my sriracha.

0802151340b_zpssxezwbpv.jpg

Back