• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Anyone grown tobacco before??

An online cig seller (ordersmokesdirect) reported my purchases to the state of Ohio last year. I had to pay Excise tax on my purchases from Sept 07 - May 08 and I had 90 days. $12.50/carton, 3 cartons per month, plus 6.75% sales tax on the retail total and excise tax.

I tried to argue that was double taxing, paying sales tax on excise tax but it didn't work.

Hey Guys; Growing your own tobacco is easy. Curing it to be like the tobacco that you buy already cured is beyond most peoples ability. Tobacco is cured by the "flue-method" which requires both heat and humidity and sugar and time.
Homegrown tobacco that is harvested before flowering and cured in the shade without heat produces an extremely potent hallucinogen. I have a link somewhere that shows all that is requirred to produce what you are looking for but it is labor intensive.

zebraman said:
Hey Guys; Growing your own tobacco is easy. Curing it to be like the tobacco that you buy already cured is beyond most peoples ability. Tobacco is cured by the "flue-method" which requires both heat and humidity and sugar and time.
Homegrown tobacco that is harvested before flowering and cured in the shade without heat produces an extremely potent hallucinogen. I have a link somewhere that shows all that is requirred to produce what you are looking for but it is labor intensive.

Few corrections for what you said. It's actually quite easy to cure tobacco properly, I've been doing it for years and each batch come out better and better (just hang and dry). The sugar water tobacco drying method has been a major link to cancer for a long time (MANY studies show this). The reason for the sugar water is it causes the tobacco to dry faster and that's why it's used in the industry. It's a shortcut and it causes problems.

Tobacco by it's nature is a mild hallucinogen, the higher the nicotine the higher the effects are. It doesn't matter if it's flowered yet, harvest can be anytime and still retain it's potency.

To get the full effect, tobacco should be paired with pot, they build on each other greatly. Many experiments I have done on the subject :lol:

PS....I use Havana Tobacco with great results.

zebraman said:
Huh? Flue-cured is one type of tobacco that is mixed with burley.

Burley growers tend to break off the top of the plant before it flowers, but it is not mandatory. If one is raising 20 acres of tobacco it is going to be pretty much impossible to "top" it all before some of the plants bloom, unless the farmer wants to sacrifice growth.

Mike

zebraman said:
Huh? Flue-cured is one type of tobacco that is mixed with burley.

Burley growers tend to break off the top of the plant before it flowers, but it is not mandatory. If one is raising 20 acres of tobacco it is going to be pretty much impossible to "top" it all before some of the plants bloom, unless the farmer wants to sacrifice growth.

Mike

Back