• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

anyone have any hissssss Snakes? eeeek

there are some that I let live... Red Ratsnakes for instance. I've never seen a King snake here, but I have seen many many coral snakes, many many many water moccasins (and the occasional mis-identified black snake, but not usually), many rattlers of a few different kinds.

Generally speaking here in my part of florida, if you see a snake, its probably quite poisonous.

So far in the last 5 years, I've only killed one harmless snake... it was a corn snake, and just a week or so ago. Better safe than sorry.

snake.jpg

I don't know what's more disturbing, you playing with one of the most venomous creatures on earth or,
those socks with sandles...

I kid, :rofl:

i educate the locals on my block about snakes... i always hear of someone smashing a poor harmless snake with a shovel or a rock... the only dangerous snake we get are western diamondbacks... that's a huge difference from common king snakes, bullsnakes, garder snakes, gopher snakes, and other native bush dwelling herps we get in our area...

snakes rock... i laugh at those that fear them... but i am terrified of spiders... cucui...

I feel you. My family says the old line " the only good snake is a dead snake." They look at me like I'm crazy when I come save the snakes.

I don't know what's more disturbing, you playing with one of the most venomous creatures on earth or,
those socks with sandles...

I kid, :rofl:

I like warm feet, but i like them to breathe as well hence my trendy footwear, iv had so much shit over the years about them socks.

I swam with a sea snake some years later (scuba diving) i swan side by side along the bottom for a good 40 meters, his head was 2ft from my head & he wasn't at all bothered by me, i have the whole thing on VHS & one day ill get round to digitizing it & uploading it to YouTube.

It was filmed by my instructor (Gibbo) who is an avid underwater filmmaker, great quality video it good vis water in Exmouth (WA)

Here`s a video of a Romanian "Wildlife Expert" on the exact same beach doing the same thing i did years ago.
Mezo.

Back