• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

anyone have gal bladder issues

Not sure what forum this belongs in but here goes

I have been having some digestive issues, of course first thing everyone blames the peppers, started a few months ago with severe heart burn, then escalated from there, I changed my diet for weeks at a time, it didnt matter, fatty foods made zero difference, well after ultrasound showed no stones, I had a hidascan , it reveals my gal bladder is only funtioning at 15 percent, yup its got to come out

My question is has anyone had or know of anyone that has had theirs removed, and has spicy food issues ?

Gonna realy suk if I cant have my bhuts for breakfast

I actually know a little bit about this. My wife had her Gall Bladder removed due to stones, within a few months of the removal she was back to her normal diet without any issues. I also had a co-worker who had his removed and for a long time ( Hope this does not seem too gross ) within minutes of eating spicy food he was hitting a bathroom, and not to vomit. He loved spicy food, especially wings, and after about a year or so he was back to his normal eating habits including spicy foods without immediate bathroom emergencies also. 

I also am supposed to have mine removed due to a single large Gall stone, but have been putting it off as long as I can for the sole reason that I know I can not slow down on the hot stuff and I do not look forward to having bathroom emergencies for a while after the removal lol. 

Besides that, from what I have seen from people who have them removed, there were no other side effects from the surgery. Hope this helps.

Sincerely, Reverend Michael Massey

Yeah had a Co worker that had to have his out, he had lots of problems and was taking meds for it but none helped, so he had it removed, pretty much like a new man afterward. Better a Small gallbladder removal where you can pretty much eat what you want rather than a chunk of colon where they put you on a baby food diet before and after for a couple of months follow upped with some Chemo and nothing spicy for three months, so that the Doctor knows if something is wrong and not just turn out to be to many hot peppers. :confused:

The pepper comment blaming the hot peppers where not from the doctor but family and friends of course, as many of you have probably experienced in one way or another

I read a few post on the subject, and few could not eat spicy foods afterwards, but there is no telling what their tolerances where before, most people think Tabasco and jalapenos are hot, so I thought I would check here with real chili heads

I also have a coworker with his removed. Coffee seems to be his trigger although he doesn't really eat hot foods. He says he likes spicy foods but once when we were out to lunch at a Chinese place all they had for hot sauce was those dried thai peppers crushed up in oil. I thought it was delicious, although fattening and my co worker wouldn't touch it. too hot for him apparently. 

I had mine out a couple years ago, and since then I keep running into a fair amount of people who also have theirs out.  I think every case is different but the main things they tell you are a good to keep in mind, but also try and find out once ya get further down the line.  This one girl I met had no tolerance for anything greasy, I cant eat some types of meats, my sister cant eat anything spicy.  But we all do. lol. Every so often we find something that is totally worth having that amount of pain we know is coming.  A nice steak... I miss and will aim to have when I have time to be sick over it.

I knew I had to change my diet a bit, but I wasnt gonna give up spicy food. I dont care how much it may hurt I -am- going to enjoy my spicy food.  The last few weeks I have been trying to increase the heat I can endure/enjoy.  I dont think I am anywhere near your level of heat. But where I am at now is lovely.  The only complaint I have is feeling like I have been punched in the gut once the peppers sit in my stomach for a few minutes which then distracts me from the burn.  I consider it just a minor annoyance.

Not about diet-my post...mostly-more imoportamt in the long run...

DON"T let them use a machine,robot to operate on you UNTIL you CHECK out their record.

MOM recently had a Gall Bladder opperation that left internal bleeding amoung other problems.

For a younger person it might not be as bad,she is mid 80's.
Screwed her up big time...
She had an operation YEARS ago that caused her NO problems.

Her problem isn't spicey food.
It seems she has an intollorance to certain fats from specific sources.
Maybe fish with high fat content might be OK but Beef might suck.
I don't know the specifics of her problem.
I do know she can eat most of my smoked stuff with no problem-beef,pork,fish or poultry.
I do trim fat off to a min. though.

Several things effect your gall bladder.

Might be what you eat WITH your peppers.
If I remember right,Fats and Salt have a LOT to do with it.
Some seem to also have to do with whatever is in shell fish and lobster type foods-whatever it is that is in them..

Maybe get your doc to start  a personal log as a test to see what caused you problems at any given time.
Maybe meat messed you up but chips and salsa doesn't.OR a combination of certain things screw you up where other things don/t
MAYBE you can find something so you can eat your pods and NOT get hurt from from your Gall Bladder.
Boils down to what you have to do in order to eat the stuff you like-hot or not-food in general.

Mon only complained when my smoked stuff was too hot for her taste,NOT because she had gall bladder problems.
I thin,don't know,her problems are due to fats in general.
It seems milk fat causes her problems the most so far.

Back