event Anyone know how to enter the Amateur Scovies?

Paul? Anyone?

I downloaded the Scovie entry form .pdf but I don't see anything on it about an amateur category. I think the deadline is sept. 15 so I need to figure this out soon if I'm gonna give it a shot.

Thanks in advance!

imaguitargod said:
Most of the time when I call people asking for Mary Jane I usually don't get an application... :)

And then you still have to watch out for those pesky undercover cops when you do call...

chuk hell said:
Thanks Paul! I'll look into it.

Don't bother. Due to legal crap there will be no amateur scovies anymore. You HAVE to have your sauce bottled by an FDA approved bottler to be accepted. :(

Tell you what Chuk. I would be happy to exchange sauces with you and give you some feedback on yours if you would like to do the same.

P_Schneider said:
Don't bother. Due to legal crap there will be no amateur scovies anymore. You HAVE to have your sauce bottled by an FDA approved bottler to be accepted. :(

Tell you what Chuk. I would be happy to exchange sauces with you and give you some feedback on yours if you would like to do the same.

You're kidding! Oh man, that sucks!

P_Schneider said:

FDA is getting very strict this days and so is the Health Dept.

P_Schneider said:
Don't bother. Due to legal crap there will be no amateur scovies anymore. You HAVE to have your sauce bottled by an FDA approved bottler to be accepted. :

Oh, well, there's always the Austin Hot Sauce festival..I guess I have to wait until 2008 ( if all the stars align right) to enter the Scovies.

P_Schneider said:

I just may take you up on that once I get back from Zest Fest. There's quite a few of you on these boards I need to "light up"
:(

chuk hell said:
I just may take you up on that once I get back from Zest Fest. There's quite a few of you on these boards I need to "light up"
:(

Cool, let me know when. I will set aside a pint from this batch, which appropriately enough, I call the Naga Edition.:hell:

This BBQ has a bit o' heat!

P_Schneider said:
Cool, let me know when. I will set aside a pint from this batch, which appropriately enough, I call the Naga Edition.:(

This BBQ has a bit o' heat!

NAGA EDITION?!?!?!?! Does it actually have Nagas?

imaguitargod said:
NAGA EDITION?!?!?!?! Does it actually have Nagas?

Yep, I added 1/2 dozen of the pods that I got from Muso to this batch, along with the usual chiles I use. (saved the seeds of course). I whipped up a batch of sloppy joes to test drive the stuff and it put sweat on my brow. Not a searing heat but a nice mellow burn that lasts a while after your finished eating it.

Dried.
I only have 12 pints of this stuff and half of those I'm keeping so if you want one you will have to pony up one of your own sauces in trade. :oops: (bbq or hot)
The next time I will get a chance to make this particular sauce is when I actually grow the nagas next year.

P_Schneider said:
Dried.
I only have 12 pints of this stuff and half of those I'm keeping so if you want one you will have to pony up one of your own sauces in trade. :oops: (bbq or hot)
The next time I will get a chance to make this particular sauce is when I actually grow the nagas next year.
Hmmm...I only have one sauce right now and I have very little of it (half a chulula bottle)...I need to start making more sauces in bulk so I can start doing trades...

Back