• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pests Anyone know this bug

looks like some crazy "down under" sweat bee.      it does not look harmfull. looks like its eating something off of your leaves?  

edit for some crazy "i" that was under my sentence.  or im crazy and just seeing things? anyways carry on. :rofl:

Either a halictid (sweat) bee or one of those dang fly types that closely mimic bees in some appearances. You'd need to post a closer-up picture for us to tell the difference for certain, but based on what I can make out of the head of the lower one in the pic, I'm leaning towards thinking it's a fly.

it looks a bit like our parasitic wasp except this one has a metalic green body and striped abdomine, ours are brown
not saying it is but if it is its a friend for sure
otherwise from the look of him i dont think your going to have problems with him in your garden
hard to say though i dont know anything about OZ bugs LOL

thanks your friend Joe

Awesome guys. Yeah its a pretty cool looking bug. Theres heaps outside. I hope they assist me in killing aphids this year! Somehow an aphid found its way to mt upstairs balcony isolated plants. Those damn ants been snooping around.

Back