Anyone like Moosehead?

the only thing good about moosehead is the name and the fact it is iconic, after a night of drinking moosehead, you wake up thinking Dudley Moore pissed in your mouth! after gorf'ing down a load of pizza, burgers and KFC nobody could stand to be near you the next day and it felt like Haystack Calhoun was sitting on your head.

there are so many other beers that far exceed that crap that are worth talking about.

i remember when Ontario(Canada) had their big beer strike in the 80's, you couldn't get domestic beer and things like moosehead, lownenbrau, heineken and brick were all that were available locally, until people with half ton trucks starting coming up from the US loaded with Bud & Millar loaded in the back. Problem with the american beer was its lack of alcohol content, we were so use to drinking 5% rich malt and had to settle for 3% watery tasting simulation.

i now live in a province where the booze industry is deregulated(not government controlled) but since have long stopped drinking beer unless i brew it myself.

I thought Moosehead, Molson Golden and Labatt's Blue were all pretty similar. I brewed a beer that was also pretty similar to them that was called "Red Toque Ale" that had a grain bill of about 3 and a half pounds that included rice and corn, and if I remember correctly had goldings for hops. This was for a five gallon batch.

I love Moosehead dry but not the regular, and because it comes here in green bottles it goes skunky quickely

the only thing good about moosehead is the name and the fact it is iconic, after a night of drinking moosehead, you wake up thinking Dudley Moore pissed in your mouth! after gorf'ing down a load of pizza, burgers and KFC nobody could stand to be near you the next day and it felt like Haystack Calhoun was sitting on your head.

there are so many other beers that far exceed that crap that are worth talking about.

i remember when Ontario(Canada) had their big beer strike in the 80's, you couldn't get domestic beer and things like moosehead, lownenbrau, heineken and brick were all that were available locally, until people with half ton trucks starting coming up from the US loaded with Bud & Millar loaded in the back. Problem with the american beer was its lack of alcohol content, we were so use to drinking 5% rich malt and had to settle for 3% watery tasting simulation.

i now live in a province where the booze industry is deregulated(not government controlled) but since have long stopped drinking beer unless i brew it myself.

Tell us how really feel!!! Good similie though. I enjoy the moose and almost all brews north of the border.

i ruffled the odd feather, part of my nature, sorry for those that believe their good memories came from a beer brand. i like the occasional corona but i remember a night in south carolina where i had a few and by midnight had explosive diarrhea that lasted all night long. i still buy corona. i remember long drinking weekends in the remote north of ontario where i used my weight limit on the plane with cases of beer and bottles of cheap vodka and just wore the clothing on my back. my memories are of the company and friends and i how we spent our time.... blurry... but good. fishing and drinking.... i know it sounds sad, but that was my 20's.

so, i'm in the liquor store the other day and low and behold, large cans of pilsner urquell, $1.98, like i said i no longer drink beer but we have been having some really hot, humid weather here, which is very rare. so i bought 1 can. after a day outing with my girls, when we got home, i popped my can of pilsner urquell and sipped it really slowly.... made with saaz hops, giving a rather nice bitter hoppy flavour and a flavour that just swirls on the palette.....mmmm, that's a beer.

if you like moosehead, keep drinking it, as a matter of fact buy more of it, keep the economy of new brunswick, canada booming. but please read the label as not all beer is imported and may be made in the country of origin. example, budweiser beer sold in canada is actually brewed in canada to meet whatever standards we have, labatts blue beer, which i drank in tampa, florida was brewed in the US, far cry from the canadian version but made to the US standard.

i recommend seeking out your micro breweries, these guys due justice to the brewing industry, they make a product that may or may not be always consistent but are never boring.

good drinking and cheers.

i ruffled the odd feather, part of my nature, sorry for those that believe their good memories came from a beer brand. i like the occasional corona but i remember a night in south carolina where i had a few and by midnight had explosive diarrhea that lasted all night long. i still buy corona. i remember long drinking weekends in the remote north of ontario where i used my weight limit on the plane with cases of beer and bottles of cheap vodka and just wore the clothing on my back. my memories are of the company and friends and i how we spent our time.... blurry... but good. fishing and drinking.... i know it sounds sad, but that was my 20's.

so, i'm in the liquor store the other day and low and behold, large cans of pilsner urquell, $1.98, like i said i no longer drink beer but we have been having some really hot, humid weather here, which is very rare. so i bought 1 can. after a day outing with my girls, when we got home, i popped my can of pilsner urquell and sipped it really slowly.... made with saaz hops, giving a rather nice bitter hoppy flavour and a flavour that just swirls on the palette.....mmmm, that's a beer.

if you like moosehead, keep drinking it, as a matter of fact buy more of it, keep the economy of new brunswick, canada booming. but please read the label as not all beer is imported and may be made in the country of origin. example, budweiser beer sold in canada is actually brewed in canada to meet whatever standards we have, labatts blue beer, which i drank in tampa, florida was brewed in the US, far cry from the canadian version but made to the US standard.

i recommend seeking out your micro breweries, these guys due justice to the brewing industry, they make a product that may or may not be always consistent but are never boring.

good drinking and cheers.

Wow - you're got all that based on our enjoyment of Moosehead in a topic about Moosehead?

lol

Just an FYI, I love Pils Urquel - I happened to visit the Czech Republic and was drinking all kinds of beers you'd probably love - it was the early 90s and the dollar went a long way. $0.33/liter for bavarian black beers, chocolate stouts and the best pilsners I've ever had. I also happened to live in Holland for 2 years and visited Belgium frequently. With a brother in Berlin I have been there, as well as Lubeck and Hamburg, where I drank a myriad of awesome German beers. Tripel bocks and seasonal beers...and before all of this I lived in Humboldt Co, in the late 80s/early 90s during the heyday of the NW Coast microbrew explosion.

Believe me - my horizons are totally expanded and I have a rich palate for beer - and even so, I think Moosehead is ok. On a sunny day, temps in the 90s, I want a cold refreshing beer that's not a light beer or a mexican shwaggy beer like Corona or Tecate, I'd much prefer something like a Moosehead.

Now, is it my favorite beer? No sir - not by a country mile.

No feathers ruffled, but your post is pretty judgmental. It's not like we're discussing the finer subtleties of Burgie Ice and how smoothly it goes down while standing around a flaming barrel in a dark alley or something. :rofl:

I love moose head when it's on sale for $20/case. Other than that I can take it or leave it.

I've got a buddy for whom it's his go too beer. He emailed a pic of his shed filled with 50 or so empty cases of moose head to their customer service department. Without hesitation they mailed him a whole bunch of free swag, aprons,mugs,bottle openers,t shirts. Nice people those moose head folks.

Close enough ?

Attachments

• lm.jpg
    lm.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 125
Back