anyone tried kitchenaid blade grinder?

I am trying to get my powder making process started, and saw I have a 20% coupon for bed bath and beyond. Started looking at dehydrators and grinders. For grinders it's between the cuisinart and kitchenaid grinders. Both seem similar to one another, just wondering if anyone has used either

twilliams386 said:
I actually do want to try that, but will I need to buy a separate blender to keep the wife from getting burned?
I just clean my Coffee Grinder real well after using it and for the Record She used my Coffee Grinder I bought for spices!! LOL So if she get Burned it's her Fault LOL j/K  Also I grind outdoors now after last years Fiasco, LOL 

Mr. Hill said:
I just clean my Coffee Grinder real well after using it and for the Record She used my Coffee Grinder I bought for spices!! LOL So if she get Burned it's her Fault LOL j/K  Also I grind outdoors now after last years Fiasco, LOL 
Coffee grinder works for me. I'm lucky wife don't drink coffee

BigB said:
if you can afford it, vitamix all the way. it creates wonders in so many different ways ;)

If you can afford a five hundred dollar blender that can heat soup....

And no I don't have a seven hundred dollar dyson either... i need to move my wrist to vacuum around corners...

PrimeTime said:

If you can afford a five hundred dollar blender that can heat soup....

And no I don't have a seven hundred dollar dyson either... i need to move my wrist to vacuum around corners...
 It does so much more than that lol if you like smoothies and want to put random shit in it like ginger and don't want it to be stringy, bam. emulsions? bam soup? bam pastes? bam flours? bam lol just saying, it's more versatile than soup. My 1 and only investment really, but the pressure cooker is pretty nice too

withywindle72 said:
i use a kitchenaide and a lot of dust falls out .. i have just been using a morter and pestel and have better results
That's good to know, thank you. How is the mortar and pestil on the senses?

Yeah I definitely don't have much to throw on a grinder and would rather put more of the money towards a dehydrator

You unscrew the pitcher from the base that has the blades and screw that on the mason jar filled with dehydrated peppers. The base with the blades gets rinsed and goes in the dishwasher when done.

Justaguy said:
You unscrew the pitcher from the base that has the blades and screw that on the mason jar filled with dehydrated peppers. The base with the blades gets rinsed and goes in the dishwasher when done.

Someone should post a DIY tutorial with that stuff.

Also twilliams I would advocate a dehydrator before a grinder for sure.  though I expect the purchase of the one eventually necessitates the purchase of the other.  

SmokenFire said:
Someone should post a DIY tutorial with that stuff.

Also twilliams I would advocate a dehydrator before a grinder for sure.  though I expect the purchase of the one eventually necessitates the purchase of the other.
Very true, I was thinking that too.

Back