• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Anyone willing to help?

Hello everyone! Hope everyone is doing well and gearing up for a great holiday season. I am posting because I am looking for some seeds. My name is Bryan and I am a Chef out of Virginia. I have grown peppers in the past and have absolutely loved it. I will be purchasing a green house here shortly and have a garden with over 1000 sq ft and access to a bigger garden as well. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to send me some seeds in exchange for a couple care packages in return later in the year. I would like to grow a variety and plan on growing multiple of each type. Ones I'm really looking for are bird peppers, Reapers, Datil, nd well honestly anything and any variation. I also plan on selling plants at my restaurant that has an artisan shop attached. I would even go as far as depending on how many seeds you send me we can work out a deal like 5% of sales for the first year or whatever. If interested please message me. Hope to hear from yall!
 
I am just curious why you are not purchasing isolated seed from a commercial vendor if you have those ambitions. With all the money to buy a greenhouse, maintain a 1,000+ sq ft garden, resources to grow them, and ambition to sell the plants, it makes sense to be 100% sure you're selling what you think you are.  Trading is always great and fun, but what's a few extra bucks to be sure you're getting what you need when it comes to a commercial venture.  'Most' trades are for non-isolated varieties.  Most likely, the seed expense will be the small part relative to what it takes to do the rest. 
 
Chris
 
cmpman1974 said:
I am just curious why you are not purchasing isolated seed from a commercial vendor if you have those ambitions. With all the money to buy a greenhouse, maintain a 1,000+ sq ft garden, resources to grow them, and ambition to sell the plants, it makes sense to be 100% sure you're selling what you think you are.  Trading is always great and fun, but what's a few extra bucks to be sure you're getting what you need when it comes to a commercial venture.  'Most' trades are for non-isolated varieties.  Most likely, the seed expense will be the small part relative to what it takes to do the rest. 
 
Chris
+1
 
cmpman1974 said:
I am just curious why you are not purchasing isolated seed from a commercial vendor if you have those ambitions. With all the money to buy a greenhouse, maintain a 1,000+ sq ft garden, resources to grow them, and ambition to sell the plants, it makes sense to be 100% sure you're selling what you think you are.  Trading is always great and fun, but what's a few extra bucks to be sure you're getting what you need when it comes to a commercial venture.  'Most' trades are for non-isolated varieties.  Most likely, the seed expense will be the small part relative to what it takes to do the rest. 
 
Chris
Because it's so much easier and cheaper to have generous members send them than research, order and pay for them?

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone would be up for some seed training. Pretty much all I have to trade are Zimbabwee Bird Pepper seeds. Or if anyone has more then they can use you can send them my way!

Note date on above after clicking on it?
 
willard3 said:
+2 as it's obvious old habits never die.

NECM
 
cmpman1974 said:
I am just curious why you are not purchasing isolated seed from a commercial vendor if you have those ambitions. With all the money to buy a greenhouse, maintain a 1,000+ sq ft garden, resources to grow them, and ambition to sell the plants, it makes sense to be 100% sure you're selling what you think you are.  Trading is always great and fun, but what's a few extra bucks to be sure you're getting what you need when it comes to a commercial venture.  'Most' trades are for non-isolated varieties.  Most likely, the seed expense will be the small part relative to what it takes to do the rest. 
 
Chris
 
The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:
Because it's so much easier and cheaper to have generous members send them than research, order and pay for them?

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone would be up for some seed training. Pretty much all I have to trade are Zimbabwee Bird Pepper seeds. Or if anyone has more then they can use you can send them my way!

Note date on above after clicking on it?
 

+2 as it's obvious old habits never die.

NECM
 Yall are right. I could easily order online but there are always new peppers coming round and you never know what someone else might have. Also, if someone has a ton of extra seeds that they might not ever use why not just get rid of them? Obviously some how I have struck a nerve with some people and I am sorry for even asking. 
 
I would use the seeds that aren't isolated for personal and have isolated types for what you intend to sell.

Or maybe sell both but make sure you let people know what may produce a cross. Some people enjoy not being sure what they'll end up with.
 
Dirty move poole55. Trying to take advantage of the kindness of the community. If you really want to know about new seeds, checkout https://www.whitehotpeppers.com and look at the new for 2019 section. or even better, just start a thread asking what people are excited to grow this year and if someone mentions something that you want to try ask if you can buy some seeds from them. 
 
BAPeppers said:
Dirty move poole55. Trying to take advantage of the kindness of the community. If you really want to know about new seeds, checkout https://www.whitehotpeppers.com and look at the new for 2019 section. or even better, just start a thread asking what people are excited to grow this year and if someone mentions something that you want to try ask if you can buy some seeds from them.
 
Well it worked so well the first time, note date on this post:
 
Bpoole55 said:
I am looking for some help this year in my quest to grow some hot peppers. The only problem is I'm not sure on where to get seeds from because there are so many bad reviews about people not getting what they paid for. So I decided I would come here and ask members who would be willing to send me some left over seeds. I plan on selling some of the produce at a farmers market just to see how it goes in my community and to see if there is a demand for it. Anything that is sent to me I will repay in double and possibly some peppers. The list I have right now are Trinidad Scorpion, Yellow and Red Brainstrain, Thai, Choc Hab, and Brown Moruga. I would love to add some Bhuts, Aji lemon, some peach and white varities, Hot Choc, Scotch Bonnetts, and pretty much anything else I receive. For each variety I get I will try to grow at least four plants. Please message me for the address if you are interested. And also I will start a blog dedicated to this post so you can see how the growing is going. Thanks!
 
I honestly don't understand. There are two really clear options to me here (and certainly there are others, but just what comes to mind, and what I'd think most reasonable people would do):
  1. Check the vendor vault for recommendations, or even just go the lazy "hey, who's a reputable vendor?" new thread route, and drop a marginal amount of cash compared to what you'll likely have to spend on materials anyway.
  2. Just go straight to "I'm having a hard time financially, but I already have pots and medium, and would love to grow x, y, and z; could someone help me out?"
I don't think most people here would freak out at others overtly asking for charity... I'd at least expect it to get a better response than this kind of nonsensical grift.  :confused:
 
Message me your mailing info. I have a couple. Not looking for anything in return but I’ll put an envelope in the mail. 
 
chrisw said:
Message me your mailing info. I have a couple. Not looking for anything in return but I’ll put an envelope in the mail. 
 
Nice of you to offer! But OP seems to have disappeared like they did last time they asked for seeds. Note date on below...
 
BPOOLE55.jpg
 
The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:
 
And thank you for your generosity! It's members like yourself that are the heart & soul of THP.
 

 
 Very kind of you to say thanks but dropping some seeds in an envelope for the cost of a stamp shouldn’t be too tough. I don’t have a whole lot to offer people either. I tried a bunch of peppers last year and I will only be growing two of those this year. The Bahamian Goat was excellent and my Thai chili just won’t die and keeps fruiting even in January in Florida so those two stay and that’s all I was going to ship seeds for to be honest. This year I’ll add a shishito to the garden for something to put on the grill. Cheers  
 
Top