• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pests aphid control? hydroponics flower?

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. I'm not trying to jinx you but aphids are a bitch to get rid of. I'm glad you may have gotten them tho. The plant I'm having trouble with had been through the wringer. It is a Caribbean red I'm overwintering. Any way i thought i got rid of them too. I put the plant in a garbage bag and removed add much of the soil as i could from the roots. Then put it in the shower and completely washed the roots clean then hosed the hell out if it. There wasn't a bug left. I actually thought i killed it cause the leaves it had died. To my surprise it bounced back after being repotted for a couple weeks. I gave it more light and started getting lots of growth back along with the aphids. Wtf! Good luck bro!

thanks alot im not sure the ph of the water i have not tested it in a while i nevere really payed any attention to the ph only at first but slowly stoped testing i will go back to the grow formula....i took care of the aphids by going to home depot because i was tierd of those bugs and purchased some strong pioson that kills a long list of bugs on contact my not be organic but its for indoor so i really dont want any bugs at all

this made me laugh

In my limited experience PH is the most important number in hydro. You can follow the directions for a half dose on your nutes and be good enough. With PH you are going to have problems without a meter. At least in my experience. I test EC and PH. I always adjust PH.

i have a drop testing kit because ph meters are expensive. i hope i killed the bugs and if they come back ill spray them again i have a lot of poison left its very effective it says it kills for 6 months. i started to grow hydroponicly because im horrible in outside growing the plants are small and burned and there the same age

i have a drop testing kit because ph meters are expensive. i hope i killed the bugs and if they come back ill spray them again i have a lot of poison left its very effective it says it kills for 6 months. i started to grow hydroponicly because im horrible in outside growing the plants are small and burned and there the same age
I completely believe that simple hydroponic systems are the easiest way to grow. You buy the formulas that experts created in the best environment for growing. Adjustments work quick and easy. Of course I have never had aphids inside. The stuff you used probably worked fine.

I took chemistry at an engineering school. I would flunk every lab and get the highest grades on tests. If it is supposed to turn green it will turn red for me hence I am stuck with meters.

Back