• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pests Aphids are ruining my fun.

Typically with oils you need to spray in the earlymorning or right before/after sunset. Last year i sprayed in july and august but my plNts were under shade cloth. If not i would have had minor leaf burn. I believe the intensity of thesun at 2:30pm with oil,did that to your leaves. They will bounce back.

Nah, I'm the same in person. Consistency is king - with sauces and persona. Oh, and I look great in black.

X2 on the apologies to OP.

For future reference, lacewings and ladybugs will never damage your plants like a misapplied spray. And application is much easier. Once and done, if you do it right. 
     Plus disease/pest scouting will be much more fulfilling for you. After a while you won't find aphids, just lacewings and ladybugs patrolling your plants. Keeping them clean and happy.

Mhmhmi just noticed yesterday that i have aphids too, white ones and black one.

Have no idea how they got into my balcony since its sealed off, maybe dormant in the soil? Infestation is mild.

So i just went out strolling through the neighborhood to get me some ladybugs, found around 30, it was easy to spot red on green took me max 30 mins. 

I just released them 10 minutes ago in the balcony, got 8 pepper plants and like 25 strawberry plants but mostly the strawberries had aphids on and around the flowers.

Cant wait to see whats gonna happen :D.

I'm sorry to hear Justosmo! 

I also have aphids, (been following your thread)  I sprayed Azamax yesterday mid day (I did have shade cloth. 

Plants look good today, also tomatoes which which were not shaded. The Azamax seemed to dry very quickly, didn't see any damage on the tomatoes, so I wonder if something else is going on with your peppers causing the damage, maybe just the aphids? Have you thought about spraying with soap solution to knock as many off as possible, or just water jet them off? 

We had storms coming today so I called the guy at Azamax, he said the plants would absorb it in 4 to 6 hours, so I don't think you'd be washing any off in doing so. . .good luck!

I use strawberries as my decoy plant.  Aphids love it for some reason.  Also, if you have ants, it is very hard to get rid of the aphids.  Must control ants in order to control the aphids.  1:1 ratio of peanut butter, honey, and boric acid.  leave it in containers around your plants.  Worker ants will take it back to mound and hopefully kill the queen.  Good luck....

I still say ladybugs with an enclosure so they stick around long enough to lay eggs. I think planting some perennial flowers specifically for ladybug population is a great idea too for a long-term strategy. 

Sounds like spring is a good time to plan to grow stuff to lure beneficials, good project for next year. 

Justosmo, I hope yours are bouncing back. . .

allmypeppersliveinTX said:
1:1 ratio of peanut butter, honey, and boric acid.  leave it in containers around your plants.  Worker ants will take it back to mound and hopefully kill the queen.  Good luck....
Hopefully not in the containers that your plants are in, or within the dripline. Boric acid is bad business for plants, if it gets washed into the soil - which I see as unavoidable in the case of things like... watering. Or rain.

Back