• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pests APHIDS HEEEEEELLLLLLLP!!!!

So I discovered today that the A...... word is over running my chillies. I have ordered Ladybugs (wont ship till Tuesday, the grow store is closed till Tuesday. What would you all recommend?

Thanks

Happy Labor day

Barry

Spray them with a strong blast of water to knock them clean off the plants. I controlled them that way for several weeks before I finally gave in and sprayed liquid death. That should hold you over till tuesday. How big are the plants? Full grown plants can weather them better than seedlings.

Spray them with a strong blast of water to knock them clean off the plants. I controlled them that way for several weeks before I finally gave in and sprayed liquid death. That should hold you over till tuesday. How big are the plants? Full grown plants can weather them better than seedlings.
Spray with dish soap and water solution, then wait an hour and hose off.Doesn't take much soap-2- tbspns
in cleaned out 409/windex whatever bottle filled with warm water-this suffocates em.Then use hose nozzle
on fine spray(ie you want to shred the leaves!)and knock em off -pay attention to the undersides.No poison as you are getting lady bugs...but if that doesn't do it heed the advice of Beaglestorm, and respond with chemical vengence.
My choc/spicy mustard habs were 18" tall when I noticed they were COVERED with aphids-I soaped em, dumped lots of coffee grounds and spread all over the dirt,hosed em off, and that worked.I soaked the soil-ants were the instigators.Haven't seen many since.....but have spectracide waiting for next appearance and will respondwith swift immediate violence of action!!!!

I use TS extract dish soap and water(use a coffee filter to strain hot sauce/extract) in a spray bottle, they hate it and their little ant buddies don't like it either......

Hi Barry,
I usually spray the aphids of with normal water with some pressure, but sometimes when they threat to become overwhelming, I use an insecticide based on natural pyrhetrum extract. I dont like using insecticides at all, but atleast it is not really that poisonous...
And for some reasons, ladybugs never seeem to thrive in my greenhouse, as they would be my preffered method...
BR
Jan

pyrethrins not all are natural synthetic pyrethrins are readily available and pose a greater health risk than organic.

Back