• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

[Apr 17] What are you working on this week?

Well pinkie, we are going to do what we do every day (week).... Try to take over the world MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Seriously though... can I fire mother nature and her moody attitude lately and just take over???......... I need better weather.... HAHAHAHA

Waiting not-so-patiently for some capsicum seeds to germinate.

Taking care of the babies that arrived late last week from chileplants.com.

On an odd whim, I decided to try to grow a pineapple plant from a pineapple purchased at the grocery store. It's moving along much better than I expected.

And I am TRYING to remind myself that it's not good to inhale too deeply when generously sprinkling fatalii powder into food that is being cooked. Yep, I managed to gas myself pretty good tonight! :lol:

CAPCOM said:
I may plant out 4 weeks early. I am trying to talk myself into it and out of it at the same time.
Same here, haha. I'm racing the clock, myself. I have a pretty major lower back surgery coming up any day/week now (after battling workman's comp for 9 months). Lumbar spinal fusion; I'll be on bed rest for a while. I'm physically not gonna be able to mix up 100+ gallons of 5:1:1 mix and transplant

Can't decide if I should take the risk and do it now, or not pot up (and have a shitty season, i.e. rootbound plants) until late June/July. New England weather is so damn unpredictable

Good news is: I ordered a dozen more air locks for fermenting sauce last night, and I've still got a bunch of boxes of pods in my freezer :)

I will be covering with shade cloth anyway so in the event of a frost, the shade cloth will take the brunt of it. I have had brown more gas come through 3-4 late season frosts and continue to put forth buds and flowers. I can't put out the whole grow but what I have back ups of can go out.

wOBqK6l.jpg

geeme said:
Waiting not-so-patiently for some capsicum seeds to germinate.

I hear ya, g!

Today was getting 2 buckets ready with coco coir and perlite. These are going to be my CNS17 Grow experiment. Since ive got plenty lemon drops one will go in this. Others in my regular planter mix and at least one in the ground.

I will probably put the MOA yellow in the other coco pot.

I got the remainder of the Tidy cat buckets drilled for drainage. I still need to run upto the store and get some Alaska tomato and vegetable pellet food. Looks kinda good for a cheaper fish and kelp based fertilizer. Additional calcium too for the maters. Wally World has it for under $7 for 3lbs. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Alaska-by-Pennington-Vegetable-and-Tomato-Dry-Fertilizer-3-lbs/46855936

Still no sales on most garden stuff i want at Lowes or HomeDepot.

I lost the argument with myself and put my first two plants outside. Been getting down into the mid to upper 40s but my peppers have endured far worse. So this is the earliest I have ever started hardening off.

He was referencing a cartoon Pinky and the Brain. :)

Today is tilling in some leaf compost into the ground plot and take a drive to get some fertilizer.

Check on my calcium magnesium acetate experiment i made yesterday.

5- Tbs dolomite
5- 600mg calcium tablets...i had a huge bottle of these that expired.
Vinegar

Finally getting some stable temps here in Southern CT (zone 6) which motivated me move my established seedlings that were growing under T8's in the cellar into the unheated greenhouse. Stepping up those plants into larger containers and started topping some too.

Brought 3 of 5 of the OW plants out to the greenhouse too. (They're not loving the move to much). Hopefull,y my lack of patience doesn't kill 'em .

Wally World had worm casting 5lb for around $5 and Alaska organic 4-6-6 dry fish and kelp (7% calcium too) for around $8 but website says under $7/3lbs
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Earthworm-Castings-Soil-Enricher/47482940
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Alaska-by-Pennington-Vegetable-and-Tomato-Dry-Fertilizer-3-lbs/46855936

Wally World had blue bags again for 50 cents each.

Lowes had Ecoscraps soil for $3.33 a bag, normally almost $7 and over $8 at Wally World.

Looks like really nice stuff for the price. I got 10 bags to till into the roughly 64sqft plot https://www.lowes.com/pd/EcoScraps-1-cu-ft-Flower-and-Vegetable-Soil/1000180329

BTW it was 88F here today

DIg 12 port manifold ready for testing
P1020657_zpsordwbor6.jpg

P1020658_zpskvfwky8d.jpg

Buckets ready to be filled
P1020661_zpsvqlbstfu.jpg

First tilling with my little Mantis. It doesn't go very deep so i have to do it again after adding the Ecoscraps.
P1020660_zpsdibnaqed.jpg

Lemon thyme, salad burnet and some catnip on the deck planters
P1020659_zpsnbehgqf8.jpg

P1020666_zpsli4kqdbh.jpg

Bees love this catnip
P1020665_zpsejudvx9z.jpg

Grabbed 6 WW bags and some plant food
P1020668_zpsbxih8njw.jpg

Back