• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

[Apr 30] What are you working on this week?

Probably risk potting and planting some on Saturday. Finish hardening off the rest.

Bring up the few late starts to the window sills. A couple Farmers Market jalas and Biker Billy's are ready i think.

Finish getting ready for 3 yards of raised bed mix to be delivered Mon or Tues. REALLY nice looking stuff from a local composter with pine fines in it.

Storms are rolling through today so about the only thing i can do is go up to one of the local greenhouses and grab a couple heirloom roma tomatoes. Tired of looking for the others and they are only $1.25 each.

Oops almost forgot, i started my West Indian Burr Gherkins today too. Cukes i just grow by direct seeding but these suckers do far better if germinated pretty warm.

I rigged up a trellis system to hang tomatoes so I can use the lower and lean method. I used 1/2" EMT cut to 8.5' and hammered in the ground 2'. Them used 3/4" PVC "T's" and a short piece of pipe to slide over the EMT to hold a 3/16" cable. I drove in street sign poles 3" deep and secured the EMT with chain link fence bottom tension wire to hold the end EMT pole from leaning when I put tension on the cable. I have a turnbuckle on the other end to tighten the cable. I'm waiting on Tomahooks to finish hanging them before I start on the row next to it. 52 tomato plants total!!
100_2112.jpg

100_2113.jpg

100_2116.jpg

Back