• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

water Aquarium water for watering plants

As the title says, I was wondering if using my aquarium water from my planted tank would be good for watering since it doesn't contain any chlorine and there is ferts in the water.
Any thoughts?

Will work. I do it all the time. My bedroom aquarium has a high concentration of nitrates and very low nitrite and ammonia levels and my plants love it.

I've always wanted to try this!if you can, use this water to make an AACT.I bet it'll do wonders for your plants!

There is a guy on youtube with a couple of ebb and flow tables (very large, like 4x8' tables) set up with aquariums under it. He grows just about everything from peppers to lettuce and tomato in those tables all winter long.

here is one of his videos but he has a bunch in his channel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXR1xqgpzaw

That's what I thought. I have a heavily planted tank that's CO2 injected and fertilized once a week and I figured if those plants are doing well, then it should be good for the pepper plants

I saw an aquaponics setup the other day, the guy showing me said it's amazing, he's had the tank going for a year and a half and never had to empty and clean it!
Lucky guy, I clean my aquariums about once a month.

Back