• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

ARClemmons' First Glog 2016

Hi everyone.
I figured I should make a grow log since I'm adding more varieties of peppers (and other things) this year.
My husband and I have had a garden for about 3 years now. I want to start adding new things each year, but apparently I've more than tripled what I'm planning to grow this season since last season. :)

Here's a list of peppers I'm planning so far this year:
- Chocolate Habanero
- Carolina Reaper
- Orange Thai
- CPR (Carolina primo/reaper from ButchT.com)
- Jalapeño
- Sweet banana
- Habanero
- Cayenne

Tomatoes:
- Mortgage Lifters
- Roma
- Early Wonder
- Early Annie
- Druzba
- Buckbee's New 50 Day
- Hawaiian Pineapple
- Andes
- Kellogg's Breakfast
- Amish Paste

Others:
- Straight Eight Cucumbers
- Lemon cucumber
- Yellow Summer Crookneck Squash
- Lots of different types of sunflowers
- Moonflowers (Evening Glory)
- Calendula

I'll add others as I decide on what else I want to grow. I'm planning on starting seeds soon as well. Happy growing everyone!

~April

Runescape said:
Nice lists. What varieties have you grown before that you're growing again this year?
Thanks. I've grown jalapeño, habanero, sweet banana, cayenne and chocolate habanero in past years. Everything else is new this year.
As for the tomatoes, the Mortgage lifters and Roma have done well so I thought I'd try some new ones. We love making fresh sauce and being able to have it throughout the winter.

Figured I should update the glog.
We borrowed my step-father's tiller a couple weeks ago and made the garden plot from last year about 3x larger. I have also added carrots, potatoes, lavender, spearmint, rosemary, catnip, and cinnamon basil plants to my ever growing list for this year.

This weekend I transplanted some of my pepper and tomato plants out into the garden. I really hope we have enough room! Lol

I will try to update with photos soon. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ARClemmons said:
Figured I should update the glog.
We borrowed my step-father's tiller a couple weeks ago and made the garden plot from last year about 3x larger. I have also added carrots, potatoes, lavender, spearmint, rosemary, catnip, and cinnamon basil plants to my ever growing list for this year.

This weekend I transplanted some of my pepper and tomato plants out into the garden. I really hope we have enough room! Lol

I will try to update with photos soon. :)

Pictures are a good way of generating interest. The unwritten rule here is if you didn't get pics... it didn't happen. ;) :)  Good luck with your grow this year. Having 3 kids to ride herd on and home school, I'll bet there isn't a lot of free time left, no?

I'm such a horrible glogger.
Hope to do better for the 2017 grow season...I finally got around to ordering some seeds for this year. I picked all purple varieties to go along with seeds from previous years. I also purchased grow lights, so that will also be something new this year for me as well.

Here's a couple shots from last year:
a64d0bc0b630a04a06bfe2967bac118f.jpg

4d777bdfe5a876eae28bbfa5d7cb1bb5.jpg

Your amish paste, if successful, will amaze you with girth, density and flavor. It's about all I grow for tomatoes anymore, and they were bred for the Florida heat & humidity. Makes a great sauce!!

Good luck with your season!

stettoman said:
Aw, you got me! I didn't notice the original date....Well then, how did those amish pastes do?
Sorry about the date thing...figure I'd just add to the old thread rather than start a new one.

The Amish paste were huge last year! Great flavor as well. I made and froze many bags of homemade pasta sauce. (I really need a canner so I don't take up so much freezer space.)

Back